Orlando, Florida
HOTF / 0C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 15m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I ate two waffles with cinnamon sugar on top. Then I ate some of a powerbar.
Event warmup:

I swam some of the swimming area and streched a lot.
Swim
  • 7h 00m
  • 500 meters
  • 1h 24m / 100 meters
Comments:

So in High School I was a swimmer, so this was the easiest part for me. However I am used to having several feet around me to move around. Not so at this start. It seemed like everyone sprinted to the first buoy (about 75 yards away) and then backed way off the rest of the swim. This strategy was very annoying. I kept the same pace the entire time and so I kept passing people left and right. People were swimming right on top of me! I was not ready for that. So I decided to do a nice big breaststroke kick when someone would swim on me and let them know whos boss. (haha) Then about half way through my cap and goggles started to get on my nerves and I really wanted to take them off so I decided to lift my cap above my ears and that helped some. I ever catched some people from another wave! I was excited by this. Then, to top it off, you had to run about .25 of a mile to the trasition area. This is why my swim time doesn't seem that fast. So in reality I did about hmm 5 min 500.
What would you do differently?:

I didn't really draft no one was going my speed. Get out better on the start and swim with them.
Transition 1
  • 01m 14s
Comments:

When I looked at this time I was thoroughly amazed. Under 2 minutes for my first transition, go me!

Nothing really, I just need some tips on how to get faster.
Bike
  • 34h 00m
  • 9 miles
  • 0.26 mile/hr
Comments:

Swimming=Good, biking=not my best. So I started off in the highest gear to get goin. That went well but then I felt a slight incline and my legs started to hurt so I decided to change gears. Well I changed from my big chain to the small one. Since I don't have the nicest bike in the world I can't switch from the small chain to the big one. But I road hard the entire time. I hugged the edge and tried to take the shortest route. I was pleased with my time. Compared to others, not the best, but hey I wasn't out there to win I was out there to do MY best.

1.) Get a new bike 2.) Don't freak out and change the gears so drastically
3.) Don't run off the side of road, hold my line better
Transition 2
  • 01m
Comments:

I don't feel too comfortable with my clip pedals and taking them off. I don't have great balance. So I take out my shoes and then get off the bike. I went into the transition area and went to the wrong spot. This was one of the things I knew that I wouldn't mess up but oh well. Then someones bike was ontop of my stuff. The bike was in my spot on my towel on my shoes, everything! I was not a happy camper to say the least. Then I started to leave without my race number. oops. But I went back and got it

Remember MY number and don't foget my race number. Get better balance on my bike so that I can unstrap my shoes.
Run
  • 34h 00m
  • 5 kms
  • 6h 48m  min/km
Comments:

This is my worst part. Don't you love how it starts best, ok, then worst. Oh well. So I started running and expecting to see some water stations around. Nope only one. Not happy about this at all! So I get to this sign that says "2 mile dualthon turn around." So I thought this ment I only had 1.1 miles left. But it didn't it meant that if you were doing the duathlon you turned around at that point and when youo got to the finish line that would be two miles. My how I was disappointed by this. But my run really struggled. My legs didn't feel weird after the biking, since I did several bricks leding up to this. I just couldn't run well. I was just thinking one leg in front of the other, "c'mon you can make it, or "getter done", "I think I can I think I can"

I thinik I need to run more and longer distances. But from were I started this was just awesome
Post race
Warm down:

collapsed and then went down to the lake and laid in the water with some of my friends who came to watch.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing. I did my best and that makes me happy. I am ready to do another one though and need to train in running and biking.

Event comments:

The race started 10 mins later. Oh well. Aid stations did not exsist in this race. Once I finally got changed and went to the food there really wasn't anything left. Volunteers are needed to direct people. I left after I got something to drink and went to eat with my cheering crew. I am ready to do another one though and need to train in running and biking.

Last updated: 2005-03-15 12:00 AM
Swimming
07:00:00 | 500 meters | 1h 24m / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: upside down triangle.
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting: