General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie; just signed up for first oly Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-10-03 8:37 PM

Austin
Subject: Newbie; just signed up for first oly
I've been lurking for a few months now, and have finally pulled the trigger on my first tri. Austin,TX CapTexTri next Memorial Day. I'm fired up for it for sure! Any pointers for someone with somewhat limited and a surely erratic training schedule? I'm on the road atleast 4 days a week, sometimes 5. Home 2-3 days a week. I can run on the road and lift. Not really able to swim or ride obviously. Thanks in advance!

2010-10-03 8:40 PM
in reply to: #3130848

User image

Extreme Veteran
Centennial, CO
Subject: RE: Newbie; just signed up for first oly
Congrats on signing up...kind of a rush signing up for the first one, isn't it?  I just did my first this year and I still remember the feeling.  That being said, I don't travel so I don't have a lot of advice other than try to lay out your training schedule to work with your travel schedule.  There are a lot of knowledgable people on BT, you've definitely found a good site for some support.

Welcome
2010-10-03 8:50 PM
in reply to: #3130848

User image

Veteran
Whispering Pines, NC
Subject: RE: Newbie; just signed up for first oly
Hi!!  Welcome.....glad you're no longer lurking and pulled the trigger!!  Congrats on signing up!!    Get ready for a fun journey.  I wish I had a ton of advice to give you, but I don't travel either.  I would post this thread under the triathlon talk forum also..more people would probably see it and you would get a lot more suggestions and ideas.  Good luck on your tri!!!!  Enjoy it!!! 
Laurie 
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie; just signed up for first oly Rss Feed