General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Coaches Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-10-04 8:19 PM

User image

New user
Subject: Tri Coaches
I met with a Tri coach this last weekend and found it a very good experience.  I just took a swimming lesson and actually felt like I was more efficient in the water after just the 45 minute lesson.  Does anybody else use a coach?  Are there any suggestions as to who they would suggest using?  I am trying to get a good feel for whether I should invest money in it and to whom I should willingly give my money.

2010-10-05 8:43 AM
in reply to: #3132757

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Tri Coaches

Who did you work with?  I would be interested in a local referral.

I worked with a coach virtually for this past season and LOVED it.  If you can afford it, I recommend it.  She wrote my plans to fit my needs/schedule/goals and it was very motivational.  I learned a lot, but it wasn't a hands on experience like you had.  Although if you'd like a referral for that sort of thing, I would be happy to share.

2010-10-05 3:07 PM

User image

Master
, Minnesota
I think a swim coach is priceless. 

Tri coach?  I've worked with on that I have done training sessions with, and also had a virtual coach.  I liked the face to face meeting better than the virtual but either way I like having someone to report to and hold me accountable.

heisenbeis - 2010-10-04 8:19 PM I met with a Tri coach this last weekend and found it a very good experience.  I just took a swimming lesson and actually felt like I was more efficient in the water after just the 45 minute lesson.  Does anybody else use a coach?  Are there any suggestions as to who they would suggest using?  I am trying to get a good feel for whether I should invest money in it and to whom I should willingly give my money.
2010-10-05 3:32 PM
in reply to: #3134262

Veteran
Minneapolis
I've never used a Tri Coach but would be interested in looking into one local if someone has a referral.

I used a swim coach a couple years ago though that helped cut my sprint swim time way down and I didn't feel like I was going to die after the swim (obvious that it's my weakest leg?)
http://www.wecoach4u.com/
2010-10-06 8:58 PM

User image

New user
I am currently looking into using Triforit coaching.  It looks like a great program.  I used Swimbikerunminnesota for my swimming lesson.  I am still trying to get the feel for who would be right for me and what programs (along with cost).  I think I just really need the motivation and direction that a coach could give me along with the evaluations of each of the disciplines.  I am hoping to find somebody soon to help me out.  I would suggest looking into either of these at this point just to see if it is a fit.

Heidi
2010-10-06 9:32 PM
in reply to: #3133241

Veteran
BikerGrrrl - 2010-10-05 8:43 AM

Who did you work with?  I would be interested in a local referral.

I worked with a coach virtually for this past season and LOVED it.  If you can afford it, I recommend it.  She wrote my plans to fit my needs/schedule/goals and it was very motivational.  I learned a lot, but it wasn't a hands on experience like you had.  Although if you'd like a referral for that sort of thing, I would be happy to share.

Jason Digman from Dig It Triathlon is awesome. He is super personable and really cares about his clients. He is based out of Plymouth. He is super knowledgeable with power based bike training. He is very reasonable at $180 per month and does not have restrictions with face to face meetings, emails or phone calls. Super cool guy.

http://www.digittri.com/

I have used him since January and have had great results.

2010-10-07 7:37 AM

I use the viritual coach, but I so see the Coach that writes my program once a week at Tri Club or Spin class. We have a quick minute to catch-up face to face about workouts and race plans during that time. I'd love to do face to face coaching but virtual is what fits my budget right now. Send me a PM if you want some more information.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Coaches Rss Feed