General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Time to come out of the closet…the lurker closet that is Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-10-18 12:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Miami
Subject: Time to come out of the closet…the lurker closet that is

Hello there, I’m Yuset 30 from Miami, Florida. 
I have always been active and have enjoyed playing sports (was a pretty good baseball player), weight training was always been fun and addictive.
About 3 years ago had an accident playing paintball of all things and had a clean mid shaft humerus fracture that damage the tendons and required surgery to add a rod to support the bone. 
After surgery and a long recovery period I was limited on the physical activities I could attempt without a great level of discomfort, which lead me to the world of triathletes
I have been training for the last 4 months (seriously for 1) and building up my endurance levels and can’t wait for my first race.  I was planning in doing the Olympic distance at the first ever Key West Triathlon but just found out registration is closed, will have to wait until next year.
I want to finish my introduction by saying that the inspiration that this site and all of you have provided has been priceless.  I haven’t attempted my first race and I already know that I’m hooked and this will become a lifestyle, not only because it will provide an outlet for my competitiveness, but for the extraordinary and very often inspirational individuals that I have discovered make up this community.

Thank you to all of you, and look forward to having the opportunity to give back at least half of the knowledge that I have gained here.

2010-10-18 12:53 PM
in reply to: #3158299

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Time to come out of the closet…the lurker closet that is
Hi Yuset! Welcome to active posting on BT and the crazy tri lifestyle

There are other triathlons in the Miami area sooner than next year though, right? Maybe you could do one of those?

Good luck and you have such an awesome attitude!
2010-10-18 1:38 PM
in reply to: #3158365

User image

Extreme Veteran
Miami
Subject: RE: Time to come out of the closet…the lurker closet that is

Hi TriAya...Thank you and i look foward to drinking from the crazy kool aid.....

I have found a couple so far but the registration has been closed for them.  I dont mind waiting for the rigth one to loose my virginity to Wink....So far i have my eye towards the Nautica South Beach Triathlon

Thank you once again =0)

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Time to come out of the closet…the lurker closet that is Rss Feed