General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Started by doing relays last year, did my first sprint this year Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-10-23 6:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Brooklyn NY
Subject: Started by doing relays last year, did my first sprint this year
...and I'm totally hooked. Its amazing to have a goal when working out and the feeling of accomplishment is such a high after racing! I did my first sprint Oct 2nd and it still makes me happy remembering all the details of that first race. What a BLAST! I trained hard to do a tri for two years and overcame injuries from over-training which set me back from doing a tri an entire year. I finally calmed down and started training like a reasonable person, taking two days off a week to rest and have been injury free and happy!

Right now I'm working to do a 10k in NYC in December and hopefully an olympic distance race next summer or fall.
Love this site! All ya'll rock.
Any suggestions for good sprint and olymics races around the NYC area?

2010-10-23 9:12 PM
in reply to: #3168787

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Started by doing relays last year, did my first sprint this year
Congrats on your progress in training!  I don't have any suggestions for races around NYC, but you've come to the right place to find some.  We've got people from all over the world who regularly contribute to these forums.  Best of luck to you! 
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Started by doing relays last year, did my first sprint this year Rss Feed