General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ladies Suit for Lap Swim Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-07-31 9:07 AM

User image

Veteran
Seattle, WA
Subject: Ladies Suit for Lap Swim
I just noticed my old black tank suit has some thin spots in the back (luckily up high so I haven't been exposing myself!). This must have happened suddenly because I am careful about checking my suit. Anyway, I need to get a new suit proto, but just started back swimming and haven't bought a lap swim suit for probably 10 years. Mainly, I'm looking for something sturdy and practical for lap swimming, but wouldn't mind getting something a little more stylin' than my current plain black model. Any suggestions?

2005-07-31 5:48 PM
in reply to: #211921

Subject: RE: Ladies Suit for Lap Swim
look for a poylester suit, yes i know sounds yucky, but they are just like a regular suit, but they don't fade or become see through. I have two, one since i was a junior in college and i've been out of college for 2 years, and it is still holding strong. They are a wee bit more expensive but well worth the money cause you'll on ly have to buy one suit.
HOpe this helps

Kelly in Tampa
2005-07-31 7:58 PM
in reply to: #212167

User image

Veteran
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a Tyr "Durafast Polyester" suit:

http://www.tyr.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=...

Hope my current suit holds out till it arrives. Of course, that might force me into open water with tri shorts and the wet suit I just bought today

I'm glad my husband's a good sport about all the gear purchases.
2005-08-02 8:14 AM
in reply to: #211921

User image

Master
A Prairie Home
Got a speedo from Sportsmart for $35 over the weekend. Looks like most retailers are having sale on their swimsuits. Don't miss out! The speedo I got is supposed to be made of super durable fabric that resists chlorine. We shall see if it really works. My old Tyr is so worn out you can see through it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ladies Suit for Lap Swim Rss Feed