General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New triathlete, old runner Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-19 5:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: New triathlete, old runner
I have always been into sports, but never really endurance ones.  During the spring of my freshman year in college while everyone else I knew was out drinking, I was the guy out in the distance running and riding around on my road bike.  That spring something just clicked.  I ended up doing my first marathon the next year.  After that I let myself get bogged down with school and working and really fell of the wagon.  THis was a big fall.  I'm practically starting over, but in these past couple of weeks I have been putting in the time again, and I have really come to see that once again I have the heart, I just need to put in the time.  So right now I am training through the winter for my first sprint tri which will be in mid-april.  My goal is not to finish, as it has been in the past.  My goal is to excell and push myself to grow and become faster.  Eventually a 70.3 and IM are out there waiting for me. 

2010-11-20 1:20 AM
in reply to: #3218911

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: New triathlete, old runner
It sounds like you are on the right track... again.  Best of luck to you in your training and let us know if you have any questions.  Welcome to BT!
2010-11-22 8:28 PM
in reply to: #3219175

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: New triathlete, old runner
Thanks.  It's good to be BACK!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New triathlete, old runner Rss Feed