General Discussion Triathlon Talk » multiple foot surgeries: recovery time? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-24 9:21 PM

Subject: multiple foot surgeries: recovery time?
I am about to undergo surgery on my right foot for Plantar Fasciitis (had for 2 years) AND bunion surgery (way overdo). Both surgeries will be done at the same time. I was hoping to do my second sprint tri....(ever) the end of May.  Does any think this is still possible?

Angel

2010-11-25 7:28 AM
in reply to: #3225702

Veteran
Subject: RE: multiple foot surgeries: recovery time?
I would say it is possible, but getting back into running will definitely take time. I have been down that road with both feet, and it is doable, but running was the toughest to back into and I had to walk the majority of the run leg of my triathlon with an even longer time period from surgery to triathlon.
If I were you, I would get a second opinion on the PF surgery because lots of times it isn't very effective because it builds scar tissue up in that tendon and actually makes it worse.
2010-11-25 10:44 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Sprint doable yes.  bunion surgery can take up to 6 months to recover from.  i too would reccomend a second opinion RE the platar fascitis surgery,

2010-11-26 1:40 PM

Thanks for the input. I am on my 3rd opinion with both the Plantar facsiitis and the bunions. For the Plantar fasciitis I have tried:- anti-inflamatories, cortisone, injections, daily stretching and rehab, physical therapy, and a night splint....... I don't know what else my options are. I am seeing a surgeon for an opinion (next week).....that would make my forth doctor. bummer.

Angel
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » multiple foot surgeries: recovery time? Rss Feed