General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aching Muscle Advice Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-28 1:36 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Aching Muscle Advice
Hi, if you don't know before the start of the month all I did exercise wise was walk a mile to work - nothing else since I've started exersing I find my muscle are really aching about 4/5 hours later. I presume this is normal but what do you do to soothe it?

I don't think I'm doing too much, I'm enjoying my time in the gym, and I already feel better a lot better for it. It's just the 4/5 hours later with aching muscles and feeling really really hungry!

2010-11-28 4:48 PM
in reply to: #3227912

User image

Lafayette, CO
Subject: RE: Aching Muscle Advice
Really hard to say anything without a better feel for what you're doing.  Four to five hours later sounds more like overdoing it than anything else to me.  Generally if I'm just a bit sore from a workout it's a day or two later.  Are you doing a warm up and cool down.  Are you doing any stretching after your workout? What about hydration?  
2010-11-29 1:18 AM
in reply to: #3227912

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Aching Muscle Advice
Ah its probably stretching - I have to say I don't do a lot of that! As for workouts due to the weather at the moment they are all in the gym, one that I do once a week is:

Exercise   1         2        3

Bike          6min  4min    2min
Run          6min   4min    2min
Row         4min    2min    1min
Stepper    4min    2min    1min

Between each circuit I'l have a 2min rest, Depending how I am feeling I will do some weights and sit ups afterwards. If your interested at other things I do in the gym you can look on my blog but if its not the above circuit its probably some CV then a round of weights.

What sort of stretches would you advise?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aching Muscle Advice Rss Feed