General Discussion Triathlon Talk » WKO+ over golden Cheetah? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-12-29 7:33 PM

User image

Subject: WKO+ over golden Cheetah?
I typically use Garmin Connect for all my data needs. I just recently obtained a Quarq Cinqo and love it so far. The one thing I noticed is GC isn't that great when it comes to power data and is very limiting. I recently downloaded WKO and have been playing around with it as well as Golden Cheetah. Honestly, it seems like too much for me! I am in the midst of reading the riding and training with a PM which is a great book. Anyways my plan is to still use GC for most of my needs and to use either Golden cheetah or WKO to supplement bike/PM data.

The question is which is better. The PM book obviously is based on WKO so going with that seems easier, but the 100+ price tag is hefty when compared to something (Golden Cheetah) that is free!

What are some selling points of WKO+ above Golden Cheetah? Do you think it is worth the 100+.

Thanks

2010-12-30 11:52 AM
in reply to: #3267133

User image

Elite
Miami
Subject: RE: WKO+ over golden Cheetah?
Izlude - 2010-12-29 7:33 PM I typically use Garmin Connect for all my data needs. I just recently obtained a Quarq Cinqo and love it so far. The one thing I noticed is GC isn't that great when it comes to power data and is very limiting. I recently downloaded WKO and have been playing around with it as well as Golden Cheetah. Honestly, it seems like too much for me! I am in the midst of reading the riding and training with a PM which is a great book. Anyways my plan is to still use GC for most of my needs and to use either Golden cheetah or WKO to supplement bike/PM data.

The question is which is better. The PM book obviously is based on WKO so going with that seems easier, but the 100+ price tag is hefty when compared to something (Golden Cheetah) that is free!

What are some selling points of WKO+ above Golden Cheetah? Do you think it is worth the 100+.

Thanks

i used wko+, downloaded cheetah to check it out.

they are both good programs.  wko setup is pretty nice though. 

best advice i can give, try it for 2 weeks use both see what you like better.

EDIT:  wko+ has a 14 day free trail.

Edited by trix 2010-12-30 11:53 AM
2010-12-30 1:41 PM
in reply to: #3267133

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia

I use WKO+, Golden Cheetah and RaceDay Apollo for my work with power.  Part of it is due to the fact that I have different athletes who use different software packages so depending on the athlete I will look at the data in different programs.

In your case I would recommend for now just playing around with Golden Cheetah until you get to the point that you feel that the program is limiting your ability to analyze the data.  Also, not sure which version you have but you can also get the Aerolab module which will allow you to analyze you CdA using the Chung method which can be very useful if you are tweaking your position.

Shane

2010-12-30 7:00 PM
in reply to: #3268421

gsmacleod - 2010-12-30 11:41 AMAlso, not sure which version you have but you can also get the Aerolab module which will allow you to analyze you CdA using the Chung method which can be very useful if you are tweaking your position.

The current version (v. 2) includes Aerolab.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » WKO+ over golden Cheetah? Rss Feed