General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Droid Apps that Assist Training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-01-08 2:27 AM

Regular
Subject: Droid Apps that Assist Training
I just purchased my first smart phone... Droid X... I've seen a bunch of different apps that are associated with GPS, running, cycling, etc. But I wanted to check here to see if anyone knows of any great apps that have been beneficial for their triathlon training.  Thanks in advance!

2011-01-08 3:03 AM
in reply to: #3286110

User image

Veteran
Auckland, NZ
Subject: RE: Droid Apps that Assist Training
I use Runkeeper, and find it to be pretty good. It has a good website which can give you a lot of various stats about all your workouts, although you have to pay around $10 for the advanced features of the stats (check it out at Runkeeper.com). They currently have the pro version of the software available for free, which has a few interesting features like audio alerts of pace, distance etc.
2011-01-08 6:10 AM

I just found one that I like for strength training.  I had been using iFitness on iPhone, but it's not all that good on the Droid, so I just discovered JEFIT.  You can create workouts online which sync to the Droid and then when you complete workouts you can sync them back up the site -- so you can trend your workouts. 

Also, if you're a TrainingPeaks Premium users there is a mobile site for TrainingPeaks which is pretty good. Word is they are going to be coming out with an app for the Droid, which I'm hoping for.  

Oh, one last one worth noting.  Not for training per se, but if you've got family who likes to know where you are for safety purposes, try GPS Tracker.  You turn it on while you're out and through a web page, folks can see where you are at.  Sort of novelty, but I will use it occasionally if I'm going to be on the road for a while.
2011-01-08 9:34 AM

User image

Expert
Palm Springs, California
My Tracks is a must-have cycling, running and hiking app. Cost=free. It has three screens: a map of your workout, a stats panel, and graphs of speed and elevation. It saves map links and your stats to Google Docs spreadsheets.  The iPhone people will be green with envy. The stats are accurate, and match my bike computer's.
2011-01-08 10:44 AM

User image

Pro
Husker Nation
+1 for Runkeeper Pro - get it while it's free!
2011-01-08 12:30 PM

Regular
Thanks for all the help!

2011-01-08 1:15 PM

User image

St. Louis

I really like CardioTrainer, it does alot of the same things as Runkeeper and MyTracks.  However, I need music while I run so I choose to use CardioTraniner the most due to its intergrated music player.  The nice thing is it will lower the music volume while it gives you a verbal update on your stats.

I am very new to RunKeeper (as of Jan 1st) but it appears to be a good app also.  They are adding a heart rate monitor feature soon.  If only they had the built in music player.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Droid Apps that Assist Training Rss Feed