General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rev3 Quassy: "The Revolution" Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-01-16 9:09 PM

User image

Veteran
State College, PA
Subject: Rev3 Quassy: "The Revolution" Challenge
I'm in the process of registering for my 2011 races and I can't decide if I want to do the double on the Rev3 Quassy weekend.

Last summer I did a similar double, Olympic race in the morning followed by a Sprint in the afternoon. I found it to be both a lot of fun and a good measure of where my fitness was. 

I know its probably not the best idea but I love the idea of a challenge and I can't see it affecting my training too much since its still going to be 2 months out from my Ironman.

2011-01-16 10:47 PM
in reply to: #3303506

User image

Master
Royersford, PA
Subject: RE: Rev3 Quassy: "The Revolution" Challenge
I did the Revolution last year. Lets me tell you that it is a challenge as both the Olympic and the HIM courses are hilly as are the runs. But when it was all said and done, I was pretty stoked. Doing two hard hilly races back to back days felt almost harder than a few of the ironman's I have done particularly mentally. I chaulk up completing the Revolutions as one of the highlights of my 9 year triathlon journey.

I think there were 6-8 of us who did the Revolution this year, but no matter which race or races you chose, Rev 3 does a great job and last years Rev 3 field was amazing and they go all out to make the event alot of fun for you and the family.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rev3 Quassy: "The Revolution" Challenge Rss Feed