General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone done a LifeTime Fitness Indoor Tri? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-01-26 6:50 PM

Cumming, GA
Subject: Anyone done a LifeTime Fitness Indoor Tri?
Keep seeing the sign in the local LifeTime for an indoor tri event coming up. Went on the website and basically it's:

Swim - Most laps in 10 minutes
Bike - Most distance in 30 minutes
Run - Most distance in 20 minutes (treadmill

The website doesn't explain much, so I was curious if anyone has done one. I am curious if you set your own speeds and resistance on the bike and treadmill, or are they preset? 

2011-01-26 6:55 PM
in reply to: #3323493

User image

Veteran
Naptown, IN
Subject: RE: Anyone done a LifeTime Fitness Indoor Tri?
I did a couple of them last year.  Last year there was no "bonus" for resistance on the bike.  So, you set the bike with no resistance and spun as fast as you could.  I've heard rumors that they may have some sort of bonus distance calculation if you use resistance this year, but I haven't confirmed it yet.  The treadmill was the same scenario.  You set the speed (and incline if you like - everybody I saw was at zero) and run for 20 miuntes.  You can increase or decrease speed at will.  Hope that helps.
2011-01-26 9:05 PM
in reply to: #3323504

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-01-26 11:32 PM
in reply to: #3323493

Subject: RE: Anyone done a LifeTime Fitness Indoor Tri?
I work for Lifetime fintess and i have done the triathlons about 3 times. Its can be as competitive as you want it to be or as laid back.

Its nice because like you mentioned you can set your own speeds, its timed so they calculate the total distance / laps and use that to calculate your overall score. There is everyone from serious triathletes to overweight people looking to jump start their fitness a bit more.

Honestly for the price and the shirt you cant beat it. Let me know if you have any other quesitons.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone done a LifeTime Fitness Indoor Tri? Rss Feed