General Discussion Triathlon Talk » CrossFit Workout of the Day Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-10 9:50 PM

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Subject: CrossFit Workout of the Day
On days I work, I only have about 2 hours leftover to feed, clean, exercise, pet the cats, unwind, talk to friends,etc, etc. I figured I couldn't lose anything by TRYING the workout of the day on Cross Fit. (www.crossfit.com). On the cross fit boards, members post their results of the workout of the day. If anyone here is interested in doing something similar for motivation, or whatever, we could do the same.

So here's what I did:

3 rounds of
5 pullups (negative pullups)
10 pushups
15 squats,

then I gave up. The WOD called for as many rounds as you can in 20 minutes. The 3 rounds took 6 minutes. Anyone else try it? How do you feel? I feel like I got an upper body workout, so that's better than nothing!

2005-10-24 2:15 PM
in reply to: #222330

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA
Subject: RE: CrossFit Workout of the Day
Just searched the forum for "cross fit" mentioned in the last three months...
and now I wonder, have you tried any other WOD's? I'm thinking of using the WOD as part of my off-season training.

It's not the ONLY thing I'd do, but crossfit may be a good altnerative to the strength/power/endurance progressive workouts that I'm currently working on. I'd only do it once I got bored and decided that I wasn't seeing progress, which is actually pretty unlikely...

Cheers, -Sunny
2005-10-24 2:51 PM
in reply to: #222330

User image

Champion
Wisconsin
Subject: RE: CrossFit Workout of the Day
I just finished week one of Mike Ricci's (d3multisport) weight training. It is much less weights than I normally do, but intense core, and the whole thing takes 35 minutes or so. I am liking it so far....

http://www.d3multisport.com/articles/weights0405.htm

but six minutes! Wow, you are good. If I had 10 free minutes in my day, and I hadn;t yet had time to workout, I'd defnitely be saying aw shucks in a not so sarcastic tone, and then I'd be horizontal , checking my eyelids for holes.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » CrossFit Workout of the Day Rss Feed