General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Happy to be getting back to Triathlon! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-16 6:21 AM

User image

New user

New York
Subject: Happy to be getting back to Triathlon!

The last Tri I did was last June!  Kind of sad.  BUT I am back and I am motivated to push my fitness this year!  I only have 6 or 7 Tri's (Sprint and Olympic) under my belt, so it's not like I was ever this big time racer or anything!   I wish.  But I do feel like I need to go back to basics and train like a beginner.

Anybody else getting back into Tri's after some time off?

Looking forward to using BT

Pam

2011-03-16 6:28 AM
in reply to: #3399760

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Happy to be getting back to Triathlon!

Hey Pam, well you look like you're in shape. The biggest concern, you should have is not to push yourself and to compare your results to what you have had in the past. Work out as much as your body pushes you, race your race.  If you used to run at 8 min/mile, don't start off training that speed as you probably know you'll probably get hurt. Just take your time and get back into the swing of things. Start off by getting a 6-8 week base, then some build and then peak. Worry about the volume first, then gradually work on the intensity during later on the build and peak. During your base, stay in your aerobic zones.  Anyway good luck and if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. There are tons of people able and willing to help you out on BT. Also check out he "Triathlon Talk" Thread, many questions you  might want to know are already there. 

Take care, feel free to PM me anytime if you'd like to ask anything

Scott

2011-03-16 3:28 PM
in reply to: #3399760

User image

Master
Des Moines, Iowa
Subject: RE: Happy to be getting back to Triathlon!
I'm getting back into it after several years off. Had an injury...and life happened. But glad to be back at it.

Good luck with your training and welcome to BT. I think you'll find it's a great community and a site with lots of tools.

Post often!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Happy to be getting back to Triathlon! Rss Feed