Other Resources Challenge Me! » Team Good In-10-tions: Week 3 posts!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-15 12:57 PM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Subject: Team Good In-10-tions: Week 3 posts!!!!
Hey gang!

I just sent our numbers in, and we're at about 40.2% overall, with splerph out with an injury and Tizzy with no numbers (yet) for last week. For those who hadn't reported, I snagged them from your logs. Nikki and Jodilynn - I need your core numbers, if they are >0 then our overall results will improve somewhat. We're doing great gang! I looked at the calendar and we actually get a few 'extra' days since the month ends in the middle of the week. Take a breath and give yourself a big pat on the back - TENS RULE!!!!

Annabananamc 50.9%
Chris Tree 32.77%
ejc999 65.97%
Nikki 27.34%
jodilynn (*core not reported) 32.02%
kirby 42.09%
Tizzy - *offline this week 30.61 as of last week
Splerph - *out with injury

2005-08-15 4:18 PM
in reply to: #225589

User image

Expert
Herndon VA
Subject: RE: Team Good In-10-tions: Week 3 posts!!!!
Hello All,

Just wanted to give an update on my where abouts for the next week. I will be on vacation from the 16th to the 25th. We are going to Jackson Hole, WY and Yellowstone National Park in Montana. I keep calling it high altitude training, which makes my wife nervous. I'm bringing my running stuff and hope to get in a several runs during the trip. I'm also hopeing for at least one swim session but will see. I will have at least limited internet access during the trip using a Treo (Personal Digitial Assistant, which has internet). However, when I use the Treo, I can't read inspires or post them but I can post to threads and my training log. So, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to add over the next week. I'm on track for my goals if I'm able to do the century at the end of the month, so let's hope for good weather. Keep on swimming.

Ernie
2005-08-15 4:36 PM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Thank you Ernie - you ARE our inspiration...so next week when I need inspiration, I'll just visit your logs and see how much you are able to train. You are amazing!

Hope your trip is wonderful, it sure sounds like it will be!

Take care,
Annabanana
2005-08-15 9:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Perth, Oz

Hey guys, I like Rennick suggestion of just taking out the biking part of my challenge then I'll aim for the rest of the totals.  I may not make the running part but hopefully I will.

so here's my totals captain sorry its late but was deciding if I should keep doing it or not.

Swim 185 mins, Run 100 mins and core 300 mins

I think I should have a challenge of how many physio mins I can clock up!  I'd be the winner hands down of that challenge.  I definately think I need to find a single physio otherwise I'm going to go broke very very quickly!

thanks guys for all your inspires!  Its definately helping me feel a bit better about my stoopid knee!  you guys are the bestest

2005-08-15 9:45 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
ma

sorry..no core for me this week..darn!

nice job everyone!!

2005-08-16 3:28 AM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Hey Nikki: from the looks of things your core could teach mine a thing or two!

Splerph: I'm so glad you're going to stay with us! With zero-ing out your bike goals, you are now ranked second behind Ernie on our team, with 58.6% completed - whoohoo!

I sent our updated totals to Rennick this morning. Not sure if she'll just keep it til next week or if we'll see an update. Keep an eye on the Weekly Totals thread. We need to fire up again to win this thing - WE CAN DO IT!

Still can't decide if it's pool chemicals or just being worn down and stressed out that got me this bug/cough, but I'm up sipping EmergenC with Echinacea drops and Detox tea at 4am, cuddled in a quilt with a hot pack for comfort. Think I'll take a day off working out today and hopefully knock this one out. Can you say CHICKEN SOUP? mmmmmm

2005-08-16 8:54 AM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Hey gang:

Rennick just updated the Week 2 totals and we moved into SECOND PLACE with Splerph's help!!! WHAHOOOOOO......

It takes a whole team, and we've got a great one! Keep hanging in there - just 15 more days!

GO TENS!!!
2005-08-16 6:28 PM

User image

Expert
Alabama
Okay, I just got off the plane. What was supposed to be a quick 24 hour procedure for my father turned out to be double by-pass surgury. I live in Hawaii and my dad lives in Australia. I was gone for a week and during that time was either driving my Mom around, at the hospital or sleeping. I got no training done AT ALL. It has been years since I haven`t done any form of PT 2 days running, so this was obviously an emergancy and a very unusal circumstance. I completly appologize for bring the teams % down. But, don`t be dispared, I have some serious catching up to do this week and intend to 'bring it on'.
Anyway, my Dad had his open heart surgery and is recovering well and should be back home on Thursday. We thought it was going to be a simple stent proceedure, but after a througha exam they told us he needed open heart, double by pass. He is a fit 75 year old, eats like a bird, nothing fried, has a beer on occation, so all us were completely thrown by the outcome. I will fill you all in more as the days go by, I`m very tired, jetlaged and dehydrated from the flights. 17 hours of flying.
Looks like you guys have been doing really well.
tizzy
2005-08-18 11:16 AM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Tizzy - how are you doing? Have you got your legs back under you yet?

Everyone else - I know I've been inspired by several of you, but finding it hard to squeeze that in for all of you so I'll just check in here for now.

I'm still battling the cough from he** - it just is pi**ing me off right now, can you tell? LOL DS got a little bit of it, too, which makes me even more suspicious of the pool. We two were the only ones who swam there last Wednesday, and nobody else in the house is hacking....argh! Maybe I'll call the Y to see if anyone else has complained.

Oh, for those who asked, a Cybex circuit is just those machines with weights and cables, different stations for different body parts. At our Y, we have FitLinxx, which means each station has a little screen that tells you your weight and machine settings and reps, etc. You go through the circuit in about a half hour or so, depending on whether or not you have to wait for a station. I am feeling it today in the upper body, but not the lower much. Must need to up the weights there with all my tri training I've been doing.

Today was 33 minutes on the treadmill, only 2.5 miles cause I could feel the heaviness in my chest. Got my HR in a good training zone, tho, and ran about half the time, power walked the rest.

SO now, I am asking the fairy for some break in the heat (96degrees today) and in my cough (day seven today) and then I want to RUN RUN RUN RIDE RIDE RIDE SWIM SWIM SWIM!

Now off to eat a sandwich and take DS to his lessons. They're taking photos underwater today, too!

SOOOOOO - how y'all doin'????????
2005-08-18 2:54 PM

User image

Expert
Herndon VA
Tizzy, I hope your Dad is doing well. Sometimes that procedure make a huge difference in lifestyle. My G'Mother had so much more energy.
Got a swim in today. Swimming @ 6200' is hard. Keep on swimming.
Ernie
2005-08-18 3:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
ma

Ann - You spend alot of time tallying, no need to apologize for the inspire thing. Your support is felt and coming to this thread and finding your special notes are great!!

Tizzy - Welcome back and speedy recovery for dad.

Go Team Ten!!

2005-08-21 8:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Perth, Oz

Happy Monday everyone  (when its monday for you guys anyway)

Hope you all had a great weekend.  And thank you soo much to everyone that was cheering on the Dockers,  you must have helped us get over the line after the siren to take the best win we've ever had.  

Here's my totals for the week.

Swim 275 mins, Run 195 mins and core 480 mins.  the run totals are a bit under 75% but I'll make up for them this week now my knee seems to be back fingers crossed!

Go TEAM!!

2005-08-22 2:58 AM
in reply to: #230152

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2005-08-22 10:15 AM
in reply to: #230243

Fort Collins
I'm so sorry guys. I've updated all my workouts for this week (Rec center is finally open again!!! YAY!!! That means I can get on the internet again!). My core total is only at 45 minutes right now (I'm including the circut weight training in my core), but I have 4 or 5 yoga/pilates classes lined up for this week (sinc the REC CENTER IS OPEN). I am going to try REALLY HARD to make my goals for this month, and I should be able to do it. School starts today (in less than an hour, actually) so I gotta split. But I just wanted to say go team 10!
2005-08-22 12:08 PM

Expert
Orlando, FL
Hey everyone!

I'm pulling the stats I don't have from the logs right now so I can get them sent in - I sadly did not get up to 75% on swim and am a little short on bike after being sick last week, but I know I will make up for it this week, and hope to hit the weekend at 100% giving me the last days of the month as a bonus!

Please, if you have a core goal can you post totals here or PM me or something? It's hard to figure out from the logs.

Going into the weekend we were in first place, I'm excited to see how we come out today!!!!

GO TENS!!!!!!!!!!!!

AB
2005-08-22 12:52 PM

Expert
Orlando, FL

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Team Good In-10-tions: Week 3 posts!!!! Rss Feed