General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Stress Fracture and Cartilidge is bruised maybe torn Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-21 11:54 AM

Subject: Stress Fracture and Cartilidge is bruised maybe torn
well, i broke my ankle by playing football and i am hoping to be back by the start of june, i have a stress fracture on the outside of my ankle and i have a bruised possibly torn cartlidge, anybody know how long it will take to heal please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-03-21 8:49 PM
in reply to: #3406891

User image

Master
Dirt Road
Subject: RE: Stress Fracture and Cartilidge is bruised maybe torn
Welcome to BT. I'm not a doctor but I would guess 6 to 8 weeks. Post your question on the Triathlon Talk forum and you will likely get better advice.
2011-03-21 11:26 PM
in reply to: #3406891

User image

Regular
Norman
Subject: RE: Stress Fracture and Cartilidge is bruised maybe torn

I've had 4 stress fractures in my shins and yea it's usually 6-8 weeks... I had a bone stimulator for the last two and that helped speed up recovery, but I suggest checking in with doctor and he will give you the clear. Also use crutches like they say, I hated them and chose to walk around after a week of using them and it ended up coming back as a stress reaction spot. They put an end to my track career.

Best of luck with a quick recover!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Stress Fracture and Cartilidge is bruised maybe torn Rss Feed