General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Branson Sprint Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-28 4:36 PM

User image

Regular
Kirkwood, Mo.
Subject: Branson Sprint Tri
Looks like Branson will be adding a Sprint tri the same day as the Half Ironman.  Great bike course!

Edited by jlamm66 2011-03-28 4:39 PM

2011-08-08 3:35 PM
in reply to: #3418602

Subject: RE: Branson Sprint Tri
Me and 7 of my buddies are signed up for this. Can't wait. We all went down to Moonshine beach this weekend and did some open water swims. Not sure how the transitions are going to work though. I guess we will find out in the briefings the day before. Drove the bike course. It looks tough but fast. We also ran some of the run course which is awesome.
2011-08-09 8:36 AM
in reply to: #3634571

User image

Regular
Kirkwood, Mo.

What questions do you have for the transitions?  It is a little differant with the transitions being at two differant locations but it worked really well.  Just make sure that whatever you want to keep from T1 you put in the transition bag to be sent to T2, (ie. your wetsuit).  If you don't put it in the bag it will not make it to T2 so that you can claim it after the race. 

I don't know if I would call this course fast, fair yes. Very little drafting. But fast I don't know about that.   Let me know if you have any other questions.

2011-08-09 10:13 AM
in reply to: #3635483

I guess fair is a better word for it. I meant fast because there seems to be some long descents. So they are going to transfer gear from T1 to T2? I don't plan on wearing a wetsuit. Which means I'll bag up a matt and goggles? Will we set up our own gear at T2 before the race or will everything we need for the run be bagged up after the swim and taken to T2?

2011-08-09 3:07 PM
in reply to: #3635699

User image

Regular
Kirkwood, Mo.

Yes you will hit some very fast speeds coming down some of the hills.  The only section that is not closed to traffic is the section that leads into T2.  So keep that in mind.  Last year alot of people did not keep right in this section.

Yes they will transfer any and all gear you put in the transition bag they provide you.  If you want it back you better put it in this bag.  You will set up your own gear for the run in T2 prior to the race start.  They provide a shuttle service for this.  Last year we parked our car at T2 and took the shuttle back to T1 for the start.  That way your car will be at the finish.

Also last year you were not allowed to leave your shoes clipped in for the start.  I did not see this enforced as several people went running out of T1 with shoes clipped in.

There is plenty of shuttles and plenty of time to get everything set up, provided you don't over sleep. 

2011-08-09 3:11 PM
in reply to: #3418602

Thanks for all the info jlamm66! Good luck with the race.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Branson Sprint Tri Rss Feed