Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-04-05 9:09 AM
in reply to: #3429607

User image

Davenport, IA
Subject: RE: *Spoilers* Tour of Flanders Live
Iron_Gus - 2011-04-04 6:25 PM

After recording the race I watched it last night. Even knowing the result I was excited. The inclusion of the webcams in the race director's cars was brilliant.

I was amazed to see BMC with such a strong presence at the end of the race. Virtually the whole team at the front of the peloton with 10km to go. I thought that they could have burnt a couple of guys to get Ballan and Hincapie to the finish though, but very exciting to see this strength in the team for July.

I'm much more excited to see the strength of BMC this Sunday than I will be in July.

2011-04-05 12:35 PM
in reply to: #3427196

User image

Veteran
Wheaton, IL
What a great race.....found it interesting that Versus gave Fabian the "rider of the day" award although you could argue that he made a strategic mistake. He was clearly the strongest rider, but Boonen drew him out early. Was amazed that he could attack again at the end and make it a 3 man race.

The comment that Vaughters looks like Elton John was hilarious......
2011-04-05 9:02 PM
in reply to: #3430344

User image

Master
Hamilton, Victoria
Sprint_DA - 2011-04-06 12:09 AM
Iron_Gus - 2011-04-04 6:25 PM

After recording the race I watched it last night. Even knowing the result I was excited. The inclusion of the webcams in the race director's cars was brilliant.

I was amazed to see BMC with such a strong presence at the end of the race. Virtually the whole team at the front of the peloton with 10km to go. I thought that they could have burnt a couple of guys to get Ballan and Hincapie to the finish though, but very exciting to see this strength in the team for July.

I'm much more excited to see the strength of BMC this Sunday than I will be in July.

Yeah, it's looking good for Hincapie and Ballan. I would love to see Big George win a Paris-Roubaix before he retires. However after seeing Ballan's efforts in the last couple of weeks racing I fully expect that he will be at the pointy end of the race when it matters. He seems to be in good form.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » *Spoilers* Tour of Flanders Live Rss Feed  

of 2