General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Training - Modified Brick! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-17 5:33 PM

User image

Veteran
West Henrietta, NY
Subject: New Training - Modified Brick!
Well, I know everyone has been telling me to carry a spare tube, some tools, and the like to repair a flat. Well, after 317miles this year I got my first flat. I was 3.3miles into my 20 mile bike ride, making good time (11 minutes). Well, I got a nice walk back home as my wife wasn't home from work yet. Oh well, it was still a decent workout and one good thing came from all this.

While I waited for the LBS to fix my flat I picked out my new bike shoes, too bad they didn't have them in stock and have to bring them in from the other store. If all goes well, by Monday I'll have my second race bike, my new shoes, and my pedals in my very own garage.

Chris.

2005-08-18 8:37 PM
in reply to: #227629

User image

Expert
Durham, CA
Subject: RE: New Training - Modified Brick!
Bummer about the flat.... But it sound like you made the best of it. We have almost all been there!!!!Dennis
2005-08-18 9:50 PM
in reply to: #227629

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
Subject: RE: New Training - Modified Brick!
tolefanjh - 2005-08-17 5:33 PM

Well, I know everyone has been telling me to carry a spare tube, some tools, and the like to repair a flat. Well, after 317miles this year I got my first flat. I was 3.3miles into my 20 mile bike ride, making good time (11 minutes). Well, I got a nice walk back home as my wife wasn't home from work yet. Oh well, it was still a decent workout and one good thing came from all this.

While I waited for the LBS to fix my flat I picked out my new bike shoes, too bad they didn't have them in stock and have to bring them in from the other store. If all goes well, by Monday I'll have my second race bike, my new shoes, and my pedals in my very own garage.

Chris.

So did you also get a spare tube, tire leavers, CO2 cartridge and a supply bag?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Training - Modified Brick! Rss Feed