General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for places to ride Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-04-09 8:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Edmonds
Subject: Looking for places to ride

I live north of Baltimore (Parkville).  I always end up riding in Columbia because I'm comfortable there, know the area, have friends to ride with...

But, it's a hassle to drive all that way some days.  Can anyone recommend a place to ride closer to home? 

Thanks

2011-04-13 1:27 PM
in reply to: #3438044

User image

Master
Millersville, MD
Subject: RE: Looking for places to ride

I'm not experienced, but know there is a ton of great riding in Harfor County.  Hook up with these guys and you should have plenty of options:

???http://www.harfordvelo.org/

2011-04-13 2:13 PM
in reply to: #3438044

User image

Master
Baltimore
Subject: RE: Looking for places to ride
Lots of good places out there!  In and around Lock Raven Reservoir  is very nice.  Glen Arm rd, Manor, Sweet Air, Jarrettsville, Long Green Pike are all good roads.  The only issue you really have is getting from where you live in Parkville out a few miles to those roads.  if you go west, Falls road and anything off that road is nice.  It's hilly up there, so beware (Columbia is flat compared to some of the hills you find north of Bmore).  I'd avoid harford road and york road, because there are nicer roads, but they are ridable when you get away from Bmore a bit (not so much closer/just outside the beltway).  I fyou can make it up to Prettyboy Reservoir, it's really nice up there, my favorite place to go, but it's a haul.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for places to ride Rss Feed