General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Minimal Half IM Training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-04-19 8:13 PM

Subject: Minimal Half IM Training

So I've been doing tri's for the past 3 summers and am getting hungry to conquer a half IM.  From when I am able to start training I will have between 6 and 12 weeks depending on the race. 

I will be coming off of a track season so I will be in pretty good shape I would think.  I also am strong swimmer and am confident I could be ready for the swim in 6 weeks.  The bike is what concerns me.  And I know i can run 13 no problem but after biking 56 I'm not so sure. 

Now my goal would be just to finish and to try to "enjoy" the experience.  Though I don't want to get myself into something I'm not prepared for.  Should I even be considering the race 6 weeks away?? or even 12 weeks??

Thanks

2011-04-20 5:15 AM
in reply to: #3455669

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Minimal Half IM Training

hey there, well if you are a fairly good runner your limiter seems to be the bike. So concentrate on the bike. Build that volume up. 4 weeks before the HIM, start introducing bricks. Bike for 3 hours then run. Do this a few times, and then you'll be able to gauge on how your legs will react. Since you've done tri's before you know how your legs will feel. Just build up that endurance and I'm sure you'll do great... Good luck!

Scott

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Minimal Half IM Training Rss Feed