General Discussion Triathlon Talk » garmin 410 help Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-01 6:34 PM

User image

NC
Subject: garmin 410 help

should probably have put this in the "gear" section but i'm hoping for maximum viewage/help. i've got a garmin 410 that i love and have had no problems with doing cycling or running training sessions separately. however, i'm about to do my first tri and would like to be able to record the cycling and running times back to back. i'm not quite sure how this works though. i'm going to fiddle with it while trying a few bricks in the next 2 weeks, but if anyone has a quick fix for me, i'd love to hear it. thanks!

2011-05-01 7:09 PM
in reply to: #3476349

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: garmin 410 help

Set up different screens for cycling and runningn (pace vs mph).  When you get to T1, turn it on. (I leave it strapped to my handlebars)  It should be ready to record as you're exiting the gate- so hit the start button at that time.

During the last few miles of the ride- I remove it from my bike and put it on my wrist.  (easier said than done)  At T2, hit the lap button as you're entering the transition gate, then again when you're leaving it.   Hit stop when you finish.

You'll be able to figure out your bike split, T2 split and run split this way.  It's fine if it's in cycling mode during the run, or vice versa.  If you try to change the sport mode in the middle, it will stop the current timer and you need to restart.  You can do this- but it will take some time, and you don't really get any benefit from this. 

2011-05-01 11:26 PM
in reply to: #3476349

User image

100 Mile House
I have the 410 also,I just hit the lap button at the end of my bike and then started running and stopped it after the run,once downloaded I could figure out the splits.I didn't know there was a bike mode until i read the above post,I've just been using the running mode,what is the difference between the modes.I don't own the bike accesory.
2011-05-02 10:56 AM
in reply to: #3476801

User image

Pro
Parker, CO

kingoftroys - 2011-05-01 10:26 PM I have the 410 also,I just hit the lap button at the end of my bike and then started running and stopped it after the run,once downloaded I could figure out the splits.I didn't know there was a bike mode until i read the above post,I've just been using the running mode,what is the difference between the modes.I don't own the bike accesory.

I have the 410 and I really like it for training.  Don't think I will every use it for a triathlon though because I don't want to have to think about putting on a watch after the swim.

As far as the cycling function, I don't have the cycling/cadence accessory neither.  Although, I do like using the cycling mode when I train as it seperates the cycling and running from each other when I upload to Garmin Connect.  Other than that, I don't see any reason to switch.  I have thought it would be nice iof you could easily change the mode without resetting the data.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » garmin 410 help Rss Feed