General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Please review my bike fit (VIDEO) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-02 8:37 PM

Subject: Please review my bike fit (VIDEO)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

The 1st part of the video is my original professional fit from the place I purchased my tri-bike.  After a year of riding the bike I felt it was time to make adjustments. 

The 2nd part of the video is what I changed my settings to. 

Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nMdDGQzc4E&feature=youtube_gdata

Edited by baltrui 2011-05-02 8:38 PM

2011-05-03 12:24 AM
in reply to: #3478731

User image

Subject: RE: Please review my bike fit (VIDEO)
I think you looked faster with the Helmet on.. LOL.. Just kidding.
2011-05-03 12:40 AM

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina

Your cross section doesn't appear to me to be particularly different in the second version.  Of course, I'm just eyeballing it.  I'd go with whatever feels better -- I doubt that there is my aero difference between the two.

If I saw that video of myself, here's what I would think:

1.  Knees appear to be tracking weirdly.  It's easiest to see in the front-on shots -- at the top of the stroke they move out to the side.  This seems to be the cause of a lot of lateral motion ('swinging side to side') on the bike.

2.  Seat is probably not too high, but your toes are pointing quite a bit at the bottom of the stroke.  Try dropping your heel a bit near the bottom of the stroke.

Warning:  I am an interested amateur, not a trained fitter.  The above is just what I would think if I saw that video of myself.

2011-05-03 4:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central Connecticut
Amature advice from someone who just went thru this:

You look good in Position #2. Dropping the front end clearly flattens your back. It's hard to tell since you are not wearing the super-cool helmet in Position #2. Position #1 gave you that "angry cat" back...but what do I know?...Lance Armstrong has one too.

How do you feel in Position 2? The lower you bring down your front end, the more stress you'll be putting on your neck and between your shoulder blades to look forward. However, with hours in the saddle you'll get used to that and your body will adapt.

Those wild knees might be from very tight hip flexors. Start stretching. Google some tips.

Overall you look good. Just get working on those knees.

ut oh...here come the Lance comments....

Edited by enduropro 2011-05-03 4:32 PM
2011-05-04 12:29 PM
in reply to: #3480513

Thanks for the tips.

I went out last night and I thought my seat needed to come up a bit. And yes I did feel some strain looking forward. But I think I can fix that by moving my bars up one spacer.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Please review my bike fit (VIDEO) Rss Feed