General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Greetings from the Great white North!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-08 5:40 PM

New user

Subject: Greetings from the Great white North!!!

Hey Peeps,

My girlfriend and I set a fitness goal of completing a sprint tri this summer and I cant wait to get out there!!  we both have athletic backgrounds but really let our fitness slip when we got into our 20's.  But over the last couple years Ive managed to loose about 75 lbs and she just reached the 100 pound lost mark!!!  We both still have some weight we want to loose but man it feels good to shed those pounds!!!

Im really excited to get as much info as I can from this site about the upcoming fitness journey that we have enbarked on.  I joined up with the local tri club last week and so far everything is awesome!!!  They have different training sessions everyday of the week and the people that I have met thus far are friendly and more than happy to give advice to a noob!!!

I just completed my first brick workout last night with a 13k bike and then a 2.5 K run and I was really happy with how I felt afterwards.  My only concern is that I may be training too much!  I really have to learn to let my body rest and recover.  I think its mostly because its been years since my body has been able to do the things that it can do now with relative ease.  Just last week I had a really intense swim session and then a couple days later I was doing some strength training and I injured my shoulder doing some bench presses.  This has left me out of the pool for over a week now and its probably going to be abother week before I dive back in.  I guess im not as young as I once was!!!

Im really looking forward to reading your posts and picking your brains for info, tips and techniques.  Feel free to offer any advice that A noobie can use!!

Cheers,

Craig

2011-05-09 2:26 PM
in reply to: #3488097

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Greetings from the Great white North!!!

Hi Craig, welcome to BT and triathlon, love your enthusiasm!

You can pick up a lot of great tips by scanning the BT Articles--maybe start with the Beginners ones? Also check out the Tri Talk forum once in a while and read anything that catches your eye.

Any specific questions, no matter how dumb or simple they may seem to you, are WELCOME ... that's what we're here for

Good luck!

2011-05-09 4:01 PM
in reply to: #3489795

User image

Veteran
Calgary

Hi Craig! Whereabouts in the country are you?

If you put your province (or city) as your location, a provincial forum will pop up for you - it's a great way to meet locals and get the inside scoop on what's going on locally.

Welcome to BT!

2011-05-09 4:48 PM
in reply to: #3488097

New user

Thanks guys.... I'll definitly do that!!!!  Cheers!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Greetings from the Great white North!!! Rss Feed