General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » i'm new Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-09-25 9:05 PM

Nebraska
Subject: i'm new
Hi!! I'm Michele and I have fallen in love with triathlons. I did my very first one exactly a year ago. Now here in the same place and 1 week away I have a chance to do my second one. Except, I've had a crazy summer and didn't have any time to swim, bike or run. Just 2 weeks ago they posted that they were holding this triathlon. I am really frustrated that they are only giving a 2 week notice. I have been running and swimming for the last 2 weeks. Not really training that hard. It is only a 500k swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3 mile run. I am scared to do it for my time might be worse from last time. I just don't think I am ready but want to do it deep down inside!!
I love this site. It gives me so much inspiration.

2003-09-26 6:46 AM
in reply to: #968

Veteran
Rutland Ohio (South Eastern Ohio)
Subject: RE: i'm new
Hello!!

Congradulations on the first time posting. I am pretty new here and to the sport also, but also love tri. I can understand your frustration, but I don't think I have ever felt fully prepared for any race I have ever ran. I always would like to train more.

I sure hope the swim is a 500m instead of a 500k

Good luck in your race and in future races! I'm sure you will do great.
2003-09-26 8:46 AM

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: hi!

i think u can do it.  if u can do the swim - then that's all u need to worry about.  your right, 2weeks is hardly any time and i feel u do have a certain amount of base so if your feeling ok now, then go for it!

with only 2 weeks, please don't tri to beat your prior time.  u don't want injured (they r bummers) - bike slower and walk plenty if u need to...

look forward to hearing your RR!!!

2003-09-26 7:42 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: i'm new
You say in your post that you fell in love with the sport. Think about why you fell in love with the sport? We all deal with crazy things in life that can make us lose focus or deviate away from our normal schedule. Don't focus on your time from the previous tri, focus on finishing and having fun doing it. There will be people that will be doing their first tri, and if you have fun and give them encouragement, you will have a wonderful race. Some of the best races have nothing to do with time.

John Bingham says "It takes more courage to start, than to finish!"

Can't wait to hear your race report!

Still Tri'n,
Michael
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » i'm new Rss Feed