General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Let's hear it for the Great Race Directors Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-23 9:26 AM

User image

Master
Subject: Let's hear it for the Great Race Directors

I the the Glenn Allen Power sprint for the third time on Saturday. And i want to comp-liment everyone involved, but especially the RD Laurie Mehler.

She runs a very well organized event. There are plwenty of people for the packet pick-up. The shirt this year was awesome.

Day of the race plenty of food in the morning and stuff to drink. The race started on time and the swim was only stopped a couple of times for computer glitches and then right back up.

The course is well laid out and very well marked with plenty of police and volunteers and Aid stations along the run.

The awrds started on time and went off with only one minor (computer) hitch

This stuff does not happen by itself.

Lets hear about the Great RDs in your area who go the extra distance to make your race special.

2011-05-23 9:34 AM
in reply to: #3513452

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
Subject: RE: Let's hear it for the Great Race Directors
I concur. The RD's and vols behind the scenes bust their butts to make sure things go well, usually with very little-to no- thanks or recognition.
2011-05-23 10:22 AM

User image

Veteran
Eastern WA

I'll do a quick plug for our local guy here in eastern wa.

Eric Greager, and 3 Rivers Road Runners do an incredible job.  He has run the events for over 20 years, and still oversees our local 5 event multisport series. mnt bike duathon/road bike duathlon/sprint tri/aquathon/olympic and the area just added a HIM in september.

The events are on time, well supported, and CHEAP.

Thanks to all the RD's and the hard work they do.  And the volunteers.

2011-05-23 11:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Dallas
Tom of Dallas Athletes Racing always puts on a great race. I make sure to always plug them when I can.
2011-05-23 8:27 PM

As an RD, the appreciation does mean something to us but... the key person is that person coordinating the volunteers. There is no doubt that volunteers will make or break an athlete's experience at a race. They can easily make up for a lot of short comings on the RD's part or they can take a highly organized and well planned event and still make the athletes vow to not come back. The contributing part about the RD is if they are smart enough to get a great volunteer coordinator.

Edited by bnhsdad 2011-05-23 8:29 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Let's hear it for the Great Race Directors Rss Feed