General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » first try a tri in Ottawa Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-26 6:36 PM

Ottawa
Subject: first try a tri in Ottawa
I have been a lurker for a couple of months now as I prepare for my first Try A tri(Sept.3). This is a great shorter race for people who want to get a feel of what a triathlon involves... I am a 40 year old female and I have lost over 45 lbs in the last year ( with still a bit to go)and as well have gotten into just great physical shape through a great weight loss management program here in Ottawa. A couple of months ago we were put to a challenge to sign up for our fisrt tri. 20 people from the proram have signed up... It consist of a 200 m swim, 15 k bike and 5k run... I have been training steadily for the last couple of months including swimming ( which for me a 200 m swim is just a quick warmup...wish this were 2000m) I bought a new road bike as I love biking... But OH MY GOSH... nothing compared to my mountain bike.... Love it. My hardest challenge will be the run... I can now cover the 5k run, but time will be slow... Just wanted to say, LOVE this sight and has given me some great info.

2005-08-26 8:07 PM
in reply to: #235012

User image

Extreme Veteran
Manitoba, Canada
Subject: RE: first try a tri in Ottawa

Welcome Rabdi and congratulation on your new lifestyle! Having 20 people from the program join you for your first race is great - good luck to you all.

I lived in Ottawa ...well Stittsville, for 10 years (thought that was almost 20 years ago already) - so glad to hear it has a strong tri community.

Hope Sept 3 goes well, and we will be looking for an RR from you!

2005-08-26 9:57 PM
in reply to: #235012

User image

Master
Des Moines, Iowa
Subject: RE: first try a tri in Ottawa
Congrats on your results. Good luck in the tri. Welcome to the board!!

Shawn

(I assume you mean the Ottawa in Canada and not Kansas )
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » first try a tri in Ottawa Rss Feed