General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Need some Focus Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-09-01 10:59 PM

Subject: Need some Focus
Putting out a hello for my first post.

Going to be doing my first Sprint Tri in 23 days and I'm looking to get involed in the site. Seems like a very encouraging enviornment.

Motivation: I've decided to take up Tri because as the summer ends, this will be the first time in over ten years that I won't have someone "making" me work out and wont have any outside physical demands on myself. (I've been an ocean lifeguard for the past nine summers and was a competitive rower in high school and college.) This scares me, as I've always lacked discipline without outside help. I'm hoping Tri's will motivate me to push myself on my own and escape the decline into adulthood that all too many people undertake.

Goals: While a summer of hard partying has left me a little out of shape, I still have a decent aerobic base. I'm looking to put up a time for this event and use it as a base measure to improve for next spring. By next spring I want to do a series of sprint Tri's at a competive pace and complete an oly distance tri. Physically I'd like to go from the 195Lbs Im at now to about 180 while adding 5-7lbs of muscle.

I'm in the Jersey shore area, so I'd love to meet up with another newb on my level for some motivation.

2005-09-02 6:02 AM
in reply to: #239376

User image

Master
Des Moines, Iowa
Subject: RE: Need some Focus
Welcome to BT. Good luck on your upcoming Tri. This sport has provided plenty of motivation for me. In the past I would exercise for several weeks and then....well, you know! This has kept me going all summer and looks to continue.
2005-09-02 7:51 AM
in reply to: #239376

User image

Coach
Boston, MA
Subject: RE: Need some Focus

Welcome to BT. You chose the right place! Don't hesitate to ask any questions as many folks around here have a lot of knowledge a great advice.

Jorge

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Need some Focus Rss Feed