General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dallas/Ft. Worth LBS and training areas??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-09-04 12:48 PM

User image

Master
Pensacola, Fl
Subject: Dallas/Ft. Worth LBS and training areas???
OK peeps, I have further evacuated to the DFW area and will be up here for a couple of months.  Any info on a good LBS, tri shop, and training area would greatly be appreciated.  I am actually staying in the Ft Worth area, but would be willing to travel on the weekends for training.  I need it....the Felt is getting angry about be cooped inside and the only miles she is getting are in the cab of my truck.  Please help!!! 

2005-09-04 1:19 PM
in reply to: #240458

User image

Elite
Hurst, Texas
Subject: RE: Dallas/Ft. Worth LBS and training areas???

Richardson Bike Mart in Richardson is supposed to be a great bike shop.  For riding, there is a place called River Legacy Park in Arlington, and it is a fantastic place to ride.  Eight miles of nice paved trails, along the trinity river....very pretty setting, shaded, and a great place to ride.  I rode there in July and rode 20 miles that felt like 10 because it was such a nice ride.  Here's the website:

http://www.riverlegacy.org/abouttheparks.html

Edited by OldAg92 2005-09-04 1:20 PM
2005-09-04 2:39 PM

User image

Veteran
Dallas, TX
Welcome to the area and sorry for your displacement. I don't know much about the Ft Worth area, but if you get over to Dallas, White Rock Lake is good for running or cycling. There are running and bike trails surrounding it for a total of about 10 miles or so. Good luck and we will keep you and the rest of those affected in our prayers.
2005-09-04 2:51 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Richardson BikeMart of course is the greatest LBS in Dallas...Corner of Coit and Campbell on the West side of the North Central Expressway.  There is also a nice running store (RunOn!) in the same plaza.  Be sure to check out the picture of 14 yr old Lance near the entrance to the mechanics section of RBM...very cool.

RBM

However, they don't carry Felts.  Plano Cycling carries Felts.  They are ON North Central Expressway not too far from where RBM is.  Wish I could remember the exit, but I can't.

Plano Cycling

Both shops have organized rides.  They are a good 45 minutes from the Ft Worth area if there is any traffic...but they are worth the trek (no pun intended).

2005-09-04 4:28 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by JeepFleeb 2005-09-04 4:31 PM
2005-09-04 6:07 PM

Veteran
Greenville, NC
the only bike store worth even bothering with in Ft. Worth is 'Ft. worth bicycling and Fitness Center'. The other stores are either too small or have horrible service. Richardson Bike Mart in Plano is a long way away but the biggest/best store in DFW. For places to ride, a lot of people ride at Benbrook Lake. You can hop the gate halfway along and continue into the private campground. They don't mind. but the total length of the ride is pretty short, unless you like going back and forth. The good news is you can swim in the lake and there are horse trails along it that are excellent for running or MTB. I rode the FM roads around there, as well as in Crowley, Burleson, etc. There are some nice roads around Aledo, and you can take backroads all the way to Weatherford. There are even a few hills out there. check out FM 1187. All this is in SW Ft. Worth. Can't help you on the north side, and Arlington was mentioned as another possible place. Joe Pool Lake out there near Grande Prairie is where they run several triathlons. The roads are pretty busy though. I found it easier in Ft. worth to ride convoluted courses made up of city streets in the nicer residential areas, say around TCU. You can do a short ride of about 30k that way. For a long ride, hit the highway.

2005-09-05 8:17 AM

Master
Pensacola, Fl
thanks all
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dallas/Ft. Worth LBS and training areas??? Rss Feed