General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from France Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-07-22 8:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Central France
Subject: Newbie from France

I've been lurking for the past several weeks - even since I got up the courage to sign myself (and my husband) up for our first triathlon. So, rather than keep on lurking, here's a quick intro:

My name's Janel. I'm almost 40, originally from St. Louis, MO, living in France for over 15 years ... and trying my first tri at the end of August - a Super Sprint event run by one of the local clubs.

Why tri? After a running injury this winter, I got back into mountain biking (which I'd neglected for running) and swimming to stay in shape. At which point I thought, with the encouragement of a triathlete colleague, why not do his club's "Discovery Race" which is a super sprint event dedicated to beginners and athletes who don't train with a triathlon club. 

My training is going well so far with precious help from BeginnerTriathlete. I've gotten some great information from this web site, and I've also had some good laughs and inspiring moments reading different articles.

Janel

2011-07-22 8:17 AM
in reply to: #3609625

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Newbie from France

Bienvenue au BT, Janel

Great intro! I hope you get addicted to the sport and stick around. Half the reason I keep hanging around is the laughs, too ... it's a great bunch of folks here.

Are you using one of the training plans from here?

2011-07-22 8:51 AM
in reply to: #3609646

User image

Veteran
Central France
Subject: RE: Newbie from France

I found it hard to find a plan to fit. A lot of the beginner training distances and workout times were very low compared to my usual training volume. But the intermediate one's seemed a bit too much. I finally 've took the 18 week Beginner Sprint and tweeked it with a "runner-oriented" tri plan in the May-June issue of French Runner's World and information I've gotten here - drills, triathlon specific workouts (BRICKS!!). 

Running after cycling was a huge discovery. The first time, I thought my thighs were going to burst or my calves cramp up ... whichever came first. But no, I made it, and I now thoroughly enjoy my "BRICKS". This week-end I'm going to introduce my husband to the "Brick". That should be fun!!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from France Rss Feed