General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pinched Nerve top of foot Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-07-29 4:13 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Pinched Nerve top of foot

I am trying for my first Tri Sept 2 and hope to do the Oly distance.  Just back from my Podiatrist and he diagnosed a pinched nerve on top of my left foot from shoes laced to tight.  Superscribed Ice and Voltaren gel.  He said I could run through it if I take it easy.  The pain started July 4th in a 5k. I have cut way back and it feels better.  Anybody else have success training with this.  I have my shoes very loose and ice many times a day. 

Thanks  Dan

2011-08-14 9:49 AM
in reply to: #3621224

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sacramento, California
Subject: RE: Pinched Nerve top of foot
Chuckhead - 2011-07-29 2:13 PM

I am trying for my first Tri Sept 2 and hope to do the Oly distance.  Just back from my Podiatrist and he diagnosed a pinched nerve on top of my left foot from shoes laced to tight.  Superscribed Ice and Voltaren gel.  He said I could run through it if I take it easy.  The pain started July 4th in a 5k. I have cut way back and it feels better.  Anybody else have success training with this.  I have my shoes very loose and ice many times a day. 

Thanks  Dan

I've had pain *like* that where my shoes were laced up too tight.  Never got it diagnosed by doctor though.  For me, that sort of thing just kind of heals up over time and goes away.  I just loosened up my shoes like you've done and continued to train as I normally did.  I'm much more aware of how tight I lace up my shoes now as a result of that experience.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pinched Nerve top of foot Rss Feed