General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Q-Rings - Help with FD Shifting Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-07-31 8:32 AM

Bedford, NH, USA
Subject: Q-Rings - Help with FD Shifting
I'm running Q-Rings on my Cervelo P2c with Ultegra 6600 group and having some FD shifting problems. Sometimes, when down shifting fro the big to small rings, the chain drops between the rings and just rolls along while I pedel without catching the big or small rings. It seems to happen less if I drownshift the chainrings from a larger cogs ring.Anybody have ideas? I'm on regulation markers 4/3 for large/small.

2011-07-31 9:11 AM
in reply to: #3622265

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Q-Rings - Help with FD Shifting
I've been using Q-rings for almost 5 years now and never had that issue... The chain should never be able to drop between the two rings unless the spacing is off. Are you using spacers between the rings? Sometimes you can add very thin spacers to the outside ring to push it a bit further out, or on the inside ring to put in further in, all to improve chain line. This is not commonly needed though...

What rings are you riding? 53/40, 53/39, 50/36, 50/34?

When you look at the front derailleur from the back looking forward, are you touching the top or bottom of the derailleur at any time? If you do, you may need a spacer (and Rotor can get you one) to push the derailleur further back. You should also make sure that the derailleur is set parallel to the chain rings, no toe in or out.

Also, Rotor has amazing customer service so I would recommend giving them a call.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Q-Rings - Help with FD Shifting Rss Feed