General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit comfort question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-12 2:42 PM

Subject: Wetsuit comfort question

Not sure if this was posted before, I looked but couldn't find any info.

Just did a pool swim with my tri suit (yes I know its bad, but I rinsed well, plus didn't want to do a OWS alone) and initially the suit felt really tight. I've gained some weight, but not that much! Then opened the neck to let water in and I felt the suit give a little better. Wasn't sure how much water to let in but really felt squishy like the suit didn't even touch my chest. was able to move my arms fairly well, but could feel water coming in with each stroke.

Sorry long winded, but my question is how much water should I let in, and should I get out and let the water drain or what...

Thanks for your help...

2011-08-12 3:52 PM
in reply to: #3641283

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Subject: RE: Wetsuit comfort question
If it was that squishy than it seems like you are using energy to propel addition mass. I don't see a problem with letting a little water in if it helps with flexability but shouldn't be much. At some point, I think it's like putting rocks in your pockets before going for a run.
2011-08-12 3:59 PM
in reply to: #3641283

User image

Regular
Here
Subject: RE: Wetsuit comfort question
If it's squishy and it feels like the suit is not touching your skin, the suit might be too big. Not sure though. I usually let water naturally seep in. The main reason for a thin layer of water btn skin and suit is to keep you warm. Too much water = extra weight, less buoyancy. Be sure to pull the sleeves way up so that there is plenty of space around the shoulders.  I've found this the most important aspect of being comfortable in my wetsuit.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit comfort question Rss Feed