General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from DC - Osprey Sprint will be my First Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-09-12 2:51 PM

User image

Expert
Northern VA
Subject: Hello from DC - Osprey Sprint will be my First Tri
Hello from DC! I am 38 years old and 6 weeks into training for my first tri. I am going to see how I like a sprint in 3 weeks. From there I think that I am going to train for an olympic sometime in 2006.

I am using one of the training plans from this site and have been lurking on the forums picking up some great tips for a few weeks now. I thought that it was time to step up and introduce myself.

I have been running for a while and getting back up to speed in swimming from my high school days. The biking, however, is very new to me. I dusted off my OLD mountain bike and with the help of a bike shop got it back in working order. I also put the smallest, slickest tires that would fit on its great big rims. My speed had gotten better on the bike, but it is still disheartening to be riding on the trails and have the road bikes just blasting by me. I will have to eventually upgrade to a road bike if I keep this up.

I am racing the Osprey Sprint Tri in Public Landing, MD, on Saturday, Oct. 1. Is anyone else going to be there? Had any experience with this race? I am assuming this will be a pretty flat course as most of that area around the bay is pretty flat.

2005-09-12 5:01 PM
in reply to: #245131

User image

Master
Des Moines, Iowa
Subject: RE: Hello from DC - Osprey Sprint will be my First Tri
Good luck in your first tri! Unfortunately, I'm with you in the bike thing...still saving for a decent road bike and using some mountain bikes we have at the house (my kids!). Thanks for saying hi!
2005-09-15 11:06 AM
in reply to: #245131

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Hello from DC - Osprey Sprint will be my First Tri
Good luck on the first sprint.  Don't worry, pushing around that mtb will just make you faster when you do decide to upgrade.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from DC - Osprey Sprint will be my First Tri Rss Feed