General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Athena question - bra straps showing? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-23 12:19 PM

Subject: Athena question - bra straps showing?

Hi, this is my first post on here.

I'm doing my first sprint tri on 9/11 and I'm definitely an Athena.  My concern right now, and I know it is dumb, is that my bra straps are going to show.   I have to wear a bra under my Tri top (a racerback Danskin that comes in 2XL womens) but all my sports bras are underwire and regular straps in the back.

So my bra straps will show for the whole Tri.  I know no one cares but I sort of do.  I just have to decide if I care enough to put on a t-shirt before the run or before the bike.

Or if any of you know of a company that makes a size 38G racerback sportsbra, I might see if I can get one and try it out in the next 3 weeks.

I've looked for a tritop that isn't racer back and can't find one that I think will fit me, I am a women's 18 or 20.

2011-08-23 5:40 PM
in reply to: #3655496

User image

NC
Subject: RE: Athena question - bra straps showing?

i would call the customer service folks at title 9 sports and talk to them about sports bras. they carry a lot of different brands, a large range of sizes, and are very knowledgeable and helpful if you're wanting to find a new bra. other than that, i wouldn't worry about it at all. you'll see people of so many different shapes and sizes at your triathlon, and you'll be so into what you're doing (as will they), that no one will give your bra straps a second look. just make sure you put on sunscreen or you'll get some crazy tan lines!

2011-08-26 1:37 PM

User image

I have one - and I was in the exact same situation BTW, as a 36DDD. I will look at my bra at home and then give you the info. It was at a Bali outlet I think and can be ordered online. I know how ridiculous it is for us to order bras online though, so finding a store would be better obviously.

I will get the info tonight and post it. It's a racerback like my tri short and it's nice to have a sporty sort of regular thing goiing on instead of industrial strength bra straps sticking out. It is an underwire too.

Kathryn

2011-08-26 1:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Chicago

I am a 38G and I wear the Enel.  It sits quite nicely under my tri suit - see my avatar.

2011-08-26 3:38 PM

Thanks, I might look into finding an Enell in a local store so I can test it out before the race.

I've never worn that brand before, they look so constricting.  But knowing that you've done Tri's in them reassures me that it would dry OK after the swim.

And if not, I'll just get a weird tan!

2011-08-29 9:39 PM

User image

It took me a while, but I didn't forget....however the largest cup size is DD.For any other large chested athenas, this is a great racer back very supportive bra:Champion 1694Love that bra!Anywho...good luck with your tri!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Athena question - bra straps showing? Rss Feed