Georgia Multisports Productions
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 43m 32s
Overall Rank = 102/316
Age Group = Female 25-29
Age Group Rank = 1/5
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at the unheard of hour of 4:30 in the morning (actually woke up a few minutes before then b/c Comet texted me that she was on her way). Dressed, put bike on driver's car, sat in front seat, tried to sleep for the hour and a half that it took us to get there.
Event warmup:

Transition setup, bathroom break, some gatorade and a marathon bar about 45 minutes before race, actually got in the lake for a pre-race swim because the water was warmer than standing out on the cold, cold sand.
Swim
  • 26m 21s
  • 1500 meters
  • 01m 46s / 100 meters
Comments:

Course was diffinitely long. I swam a 24 minute at West Point and I felt like I pulled harder here. Can I say enough how much I LOVE the 2 person every 5 seconds starts? It makes it SO much easier to not get kicked.

What would you do differently?:

Not much. Swimming is a strong point for me, but I want to make sure that it doesn't drop. Need to up my yardage in weekly workouts - maybe include more sprintwork.
Transition 1
  • 01m 11s
Comments:

T1 went pretty well. Rolled socks down like a doughnut (per a friend's suggestion) - then you just stick your toes in and roll up. Awesome technique.

Make sure that my shoes get fastened well. I had to stop at the line to re-velcro my right foot before I got on the bike
Bike
  • 1h 24m 13s
  • 42 kms
  • 29.92 km/hr
Comments:

Training partner says I get complacent on the bike. Maybe that's true. Or maybe I'm just trying to rest up after a hard swim and before pushing myself on the run. I know that I DEFINITELY shouldn't have let him beat me by 2 minutes though.

Hills were hard. So was smelling manure around mile 11. But the bike ride was a lot of fun.

Push myself. Hard when you aren't passing that many people (are are getting passed left (not right) by guys) - but know that I need to pick it up at least another mph.
Transition 2
  • 00m 55s
Comments:

Yankz change your T2 world! Thank goodness I had a running visor to put on or I probably would have run with my helmet on (see Comet's race report).

Remember to pick up gel to take. Got to end of rack line and had to run back to get it.
Run
  • 50m 54s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 12s  min/mile
Comments:

Can't believe that I'm running PR 10k's at the end of triathlons. Like that fact that you always saw people coming and going on course - you could gauge how you were doing.

Running through campgrounds is fun because all of the visitors outside their campers cheer you on.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around waiting for others in group to finish. Water, Energized popsicles (mmm) and other goodies

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I closed on my first home on Friday and had the movers come that same day. Needless to say, however much I tried to rest on Friday, it just didn't happen. I wanted to get my new place in some sort of shape. Stress and lack of sleep might have limited my performance, but I think that i had a pretty good race overall.

Event comments:

Volunteers out on course were great. Not withstanding the swim distance being a little long, I think that gamultisports puts on great events.

Took home an age group win which is really exciting - especially since this is just my 3rd tri of the season (and only 4th ever).

My body was more sore after Saturday than it has ever been before - felt like I had just run a marathon.

I had a great time on Saturday though. It's always fun to do these with friends

Last updated: 2005-08-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:26:21 | 1500 meters | 01m 46s / 100meters
Age Group: 1/5
Overall: 0/316
Performance: Good
Suit: Tri shorts and shirt
Course: Triangular shape that had a long stretch in the back -
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Below average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:11
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
01:24:13 | 42 kms | 29.92 km/hr
Age Group: 1/5
Wind: Some
Course: Hilly course through Lavonia, GA and surrounding countryside
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:55
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:50:54 | 06.21 miles | 08m 12s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/5
Course: Awesome run course - zigzagged throughout the Tugaloo State Park. Hard hill during mile 5. Hilly throughout.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2005-09-13 2:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Smyrna
Subject: Tugaloo Triathlon

2005-09-13 2:10 PM
in reply to: #246025

User image

Queen BTich
Subject: RE: Tugaloo Triathlon

Watch out for those bike helmets. Some people just don't want to take them off!...lol

"Tried to sleep in the car..." should have been followed by "...but couldn't because Comet wouldn't stop talking the whole way..."

Way to go Steamy.

Edited by TriComet 2005-09-13 2:11 PM
2005-09-13 4:02 PM
in reply to: #246031

User image

Master
Marietta, Ga
Dang!  What a swim!  I was 3rd in my AG and posted a 29 minute swim.  Amazing run, too.  I'm sorry we didn't get to meet, but sounds like you did great.  Congrats on the trophy!
2005-09-13 4:22 PM

User image

Veteran
You're killing it! Glad to see you continue to do well. Next time try not doing so much the night before, like taking the GMAT's or reorganizing the UN!

Remember, it's all in the socks....

...I still can't get my damn photo to load....
2005-09-14 7:20 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Great job! Congrats on the hardware.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tugaloo Triathlon Rss Feed