General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ITU Race Bike Setup Suggestions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-28 9:25 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: ITU Race Bike Setup Suggestions

Hey all a quick question about bike setup for my races.  I'm in Mexico and ALL non WTC TRIs are based on ITU regulations, so there is drafting allowed in all of the national circuit races.  I currently  have a roadie and wanted your opinion on whether or not to put a forward seat post and clip-on aerobars on the bike.  How will that change my fit?  Do you suggest that or just keep it as a roadie? Will it be closer to the benefits (other than aero) of a tri bike for the run?

I had a TRI bike until recently.  Will a roadie with a forward seat post and clip ons be fairly similar?

Any help would be appreciated

2011-08-29 4:40 AM
in reply to: #3663222

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: ITU Race Bike Setup Suggestions
In general, most triathlon federations simply adopt the ITU rules as their national rules. While they are some that will make changes, most triathlons that are sanactioned by any NGB are run under ITU rules (possibly with some minor edits).

Having said that, just because a race is run under ITU rules it is not necessairly draft legal. Even most of the races the ITU "puts on" are non-draft legal; it is only their elite/U23/junior events that are draft legal.

While I would doubt that the AG races are draft legal, if they are I would add shorty aerobars and skip the fast forward seatpost. The last thing you want in a draft legal race is a bike that handles poorly.

Shane
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ITU Race Bike Setup Suggestions Rss Feed