Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Rules on Wet Suits for Lakeside Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2011-09-01 4:14 PM

Subject: Rules on Wet Suits for Lakeside

Hello everyone,

I just signed up for my first sprint tri for Lakeside.  I was hoping to do Wasaga Beach but it was sold out.

I'm nervous and all excited at the same time.  The swim portion is really freaking me out the most.  I have been practicing in pools and have not done an open water swim as yet.  Yup crazy but I needed to sign up and take the plunge so to speak.  I wondered if anyone has any information as to where I can pick up a reasonable tri wet suit and is a wet suit allowed for the Lakeside tri.  I understand there are a lot of rules of water temp and suits so any info would be great.

Thanks a bunch

Flora

2011-09-01 5:16 PM
in reply to: #3669747

User image

Subject: RE: Rules on Wet Suits for Lakeside

http://www.multisportcanada.com/training_guide_racing.html

Here is some good information.  Have fun. 

Sue

2011-09-01 8:19 PM

User image

Expert

Water temp should be legal for wetsuits at lake side.  It is spring fed, so the water is cooler than a lot of lakes in southern ontario.

You don't have to buy, you could rent.  Endurosport in toronto have rental suits, or you could rent form multisport zone in London, they will be on site race day.  They also have a training day on course on Sept. 11 if you are down in southwestern ontario.  On their training days, they always split up the swimmers to beginners, intermediate and advance and have different advice for the different groups.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to be able to try out swimming open water and with a wetsuit before the race.

2011-09-01 9:04 PM

User image

Regular
Dorchester
Contact multisportzone in London like the previous post said.  You'll need one  Probably will be mandatory like last year.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Rules on Wet Suits for Lakeside Rss Feed