General Discussion Triathlon Talk » labral hip tear and hamstring tendonitis Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-09-03 3:30 PM

Subject: labral hip tear and hamstring tendonitis
Had a follow up appt with my doctor and he reviewed with me the results of my MRI with contrast. I have hamstring tendonitis (origin) and a labral tear in my hip (both on my left side). We discussed surgery as an option to address the tear. Since the injury (July 20, 2011) I jogged (very slowly) a few times for 12 minutes max before I had to stop and take a walk break due to the pain. I feel a catching sensation deep in the buttocks area and sharp pain in the front. The doctor seemed a bit confused by the catching sensation towards the back because the MRI did not show a tear in the posterior labrum (the doctor said there could be a tear that is not showing). He said it could be catching in the front and I am feeling it in the back. As of now I am not to run or bike in aero and anything that causes deep hip flexion.
My question (of course I think of this after I leave the office) is: is it possible that the hamstring tendonitis is causing the catching sensation?

I have confidence in my doctor-my first appointment with him he said he suspected a labral tear and sent me for an MRI with contrast.

Thanks for your help!

2011-09-03 7:35 PM
in reply to: #3672090

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: labral hip tear and hamstring tendonitis
The catching is probably from the labral injury.
2011-09-04 8:19 AM
in reply to: #3672090

Subject: RE: labral hip tear and hamstring tendonitis
Thanks-that is what I was afraid of because I felt the catching immediately after the injury when I tried to run again (the injury occured during speed work).
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » labral hip tear and hamstring tendonitis Rss Feed