General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » off season half marathon.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-09-11 9:03 PM

Subject: off season half marathon..

my wife and I have done a few half marathons together (although its been a year.. we had a baby and took time off).. I just completed two sprints and don't see any others I can get to for the rest of the year.  My wife has 2 half marathons targeted for her (one in dec, and another in april).  I'm wondering how I can train for these races with her but still keep up (and improve) my swim and bike during the winter.  I'm assuming it will mean some two-a-day workouts.  Swimming or biking in the morning running in the evenings etc.  

anybody done this?  thoughts?

2011-09-12 12:54 AM
in reply to: #3681636

User image

Master
Los Angeles, CA
Subject: RE: off season half marathon..

You have a good assumption but I think you can still train the way you have been for those sprints.  I would recommend shifting a little more focus on the run to ensure you'll finish those races comfortably.  More time in the saddle helps a ton too! 

As for the running training segment, I say go up no more than 10% a week (esp on your long run days) and don't forget about those recovery weeks.  I'm training for my first 13.1 happening in January 2012 after my olympic tri on Oct. 9th and that's what I'm gonna do.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » off season half marathon.. Rss Feed