General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Serious lack of motivation Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-09-27 3:24 PM

User image

San Antonio
Subject: Serious lack of motivation

So I was doing a nice 1 hour run today on my lunch break and had serious lack of motivation.  I kept stopping when I didn't need to and so forth.  This has never happened before.  I wasn't in any pain or anything.  Is this normal?  I'm only asking because my HIM is in about 4 weeks and I'm not sure what's wrong.  Any suggestions to boost me back up?  I didn't get a very good nights rest so I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it either. 

2011-09-27 3:32 PM
in reply to: #3702583

User image

Olmsted Twp, OH
Subject: RE: Serious lack of motivation

I go back and look at some of my last race results.  I look at how many spots I could move up if my swim/bike/run was X minutes faster.  That usually gives me a kick in the butt. 

Or I just watch this popular video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckFvoGRPiCU

2011-09-27 3:50 PM

User image

Master
Falls Church, VA
You just didn't have it today. Perfectly normal. Since you are 4 weeks out from your race, you are probably in a big build cycle and you body needed a break. Also not sleeping can be a factor.

Get a good night's sleep and hit it hard tomorrow.
2011-09-27 3:55 PM

User image

San Antonio
Thanks, I'll try and get a good nights sleep this evening.  I also think maybe the heat had something to do with it.  I forgot to mention it's about 96 out today in San Antonio and getting hotter as the day progresses.  Looks like I'll be watching some youtube this evening to get me motivated again.
2011-09-27 4:02 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Serious lack of motivation Rss Feed