General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » A quick intro Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-11 8:44 PM

Subject: A quick intro

I've been lurking off and on for the past couple of months and just made my first posts on the main forum and figured I ought to introduce myself.

I'm a former college rower and then a recreational runner until I started having kids 6 years ago (I've got 3 now).  I ran a bit and lifted a bit, but apparently not enough.  I went in for a physical 2 years ago and found out that I had high blood pressure and cholosterol.  I thought I could control it with moderate diet and exercise.  No dice.  The doctor wanted to put me on meds - but I held him off and started running road races again.  At my next physical the doc noted some improvement but it still needed to be improved.  I decided for my 35th year I would do something a bit more challenging and signed up for a triathlon with Team in Training.  I got hooked. 

I bought my first bike in July (a used entry level road bike for $400), and started swimming for the first time in 19 years.  I loved it. 

Unfortunately, my tri was turned into a bi due to poor conditions, but I'm addicted now and tempering my enthusiasms with the realities of life.  I'm signed up for another Olympic tri in May, and will look for some sprints next spring.  I've also got a 5k in December where I'm hoping to go under 20 minutes).

2011-10-12 3:27 PM
in reply to: #3720117

User image

Elite
Evergreen, CO
Subject: RE: A quick intro
Welcome to BT and congrats on your new addiction Smile
2011-10-13 2:00 AM
in reply to: #3720117

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: A quick intro
Welcome to BT. Congrats on the race and 5K goals. You can do it. Just keep up the good work, and everything else will fall into place. Happy training.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » A quick intro Rss Feed