Maine Track Club
55F / 13C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 09m
Overall Rank = 4/4
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Night before I ate sausage, veggies with pasta. For breakfast I ate cereal with almond milk and drank a coffee. I then had a snack about 2 hours before I ran of a banana and a protein bar. If I'd prepared better I would have had a more "energy" focused bar but only had protein bars at the house. I then ate a gel about 15 mins before starting.
Event warmup:

Some running in place, lunges, jumping, etc.
Run
  • 1h 09m
  • 6.5 miles
  • 10m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a relay of 4 people. I felt pretty good about my run. My right knee did hurt a bit for the entire run but it was very tolerable. I felt like my energy level was good. I did get tired towards the end but it was not too much. I could have run further if I needed to. I didn't run my fastest as I was trying to pace myself and keep my knee from hurting beyond a tolerable level. I was running against the wind and at times it was rather strong which was a little bit of an added challenge.
What would you do differently?:

I think I did the best I could do considering everything. I wish I had been able to add more distance in my training. This was the longest I had run so far and it felt very long. But with my knee troubles I think I did the best I could do.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked a little bit, but that's it.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My knee was hurting and I hadn't done this kind of distance much in my training.

Event comments:

This was the first year for this race and there were not a lot of people there. It was a really great course and event overall. I think if they can get more people to come out in the future and mark and man the course a little better (many got lost on the part of the course that goes onto a trail) it would be really awesome. I definitely plan to do this race again next year though and will recommend to my friends.

Last updated: 2011-10-17 12:00 AM
Running
01:09:00 | 06.5 miles | 10m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 4/4
Performance: Good
Course: The course ran along the water from Crystal Spring Farm in Brunswick to Wolfe's Neck Farm in Freeport. My leg was all on roads that ran along the water and were rolling. Traffic was low on these roads. Then the turn into the farm which ran a good distance was a dirt road with a good deal of potholes.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No