General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM training coming off Knee Injury Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-11-02 5:11 AM

New user

Subject: IM training coming off Knee Injury

Hi everyone,

I am currently recovering from a very slow healing knee injury (patello-femoral joint inflammation) I sustained while training for an upcoming HIM.

I had planned to finish the HIM 20 week program and then start the 20 week IM program in preparation for my first ever IM.

However, due to sitting on the sidelines for 6 weeks, I'm now going to focus solely on the 20 week IM plan (taking the advice of my physio).

I have 25 weeks until race day I would like to start getting back to full strength.

Does anyone have any tips on coming back from a knee injury? specifically PFJ inflammation or runner's knee?

Thanks,

Luke

2011-11-02 7:26 AM
in reply to: #3748226

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: IM training coming off Knee Injury
polartaco - 2011-11-02 6:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I am currently recovering from a very slow healing knee injury (patello-femoral joint inflammation) I sustained while training for an upcoming HIM.

I had planned to finish the HIM 20 week program and then start the 20 week IM program in preparation for my first ever IM.

However, due to sitting on the sidelines for 6 weeks, I'm now going to focus solely on the 20 week IM plan (taking the advice of my physio).

I have 25 weeks until race day I would like to start getting back to full strength.

Does anyone have any tips on coming back from a knee injury? specifically PFJ inflammation or runner's knee?

Thanks,

Luke

DO your PT diligently, make sure your bike fit is correct and you are in the right shoes.  Listen to your body

2011-11-03 4:54 AM
in reply to: #3748226

New user

Subject: RE: IM training coming off Knee Injury
I'm staying the course with my PT and making sure I do listen to my body (this time!). I just wanted to know if anyone had any plan ideas to get back into training?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM training coming off Knee Injury Rss Feed