General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone Familiar with "The Huff" in Indiana? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-10-02 12:20 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northwest Ohio
Subject: Anyone Familiar with "The Huff" in Indiana?
I am training for the Houston Marathon in January and according to the training plan, should be doing a 20-miler during the week of Christmas (ay yi yi, what was I thinking when I sent in my registration fee! )

A running buddy of mine suggested "The Huff" (www.huff50k.com) near Ft. Wayne, which is held the weekend before Christmas. I looked at the website, and it is a trailrun around a resevoir. The only real feedback that I could get from these guys was that they had "great soup" after the race. They also mentioned running in snow....(great training for Houston, don't you think? ha!)

So, I'm just curious if anyone else out there has run this race and what you thought of it. 50K is longer than I need to train for, but it could be interesting....It's 3 laps around a resevoir and I'm thinking that maybe I would only do two---I don't know. Anyway, any feedback you have would be welcome.

Michele

2005-10-20 2:37 PM
in reply to: #257655

User image

Master
Saskatchewan
Subject: RE: Anyone Familiar with "The Huff" in Indiana?

I'm training for a marathon in January and gonna do the HUFF. It fits in perfectly with my schedule after I have a couple of 20-milers under my belt.

My tentative plan isĀ for the first lap to be kinda leisurely to scope out the course, followed by two running laps. It's not supposed to be too tricky for a trail run, but I understand that the snow and cold can make it tough.

Let me know what you decide!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone Familiar with "The Huff" in Indiana? Rss Feed