General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I'm back, FINALLY Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-10-02 8:01 PM

User image

Nawlins', La
Subject: I'm back, FINALLY
Hey guys and gals.....

Well, I'm back. We (Julia and myself, along with her mother and sister, friends) have been through hell and back. We lost the house in Lakeview (Polk St), lost her mothers house in Lakeview (Germain St) and well, all of our friends lost their houses.

The good news, I had always kept my house up here in Baton Rouge, so we are one step ahead of a lot of folks. We are fortunate to have all of our friends and work. Well, since I work offshore, we did fly out of Grand Isle until Katrina and then we moved operations over to Intracoastal City and now it is gone.

I recovered my bike and will attempt to restore it. As most of you know, I had just bought it like 2-3 weeks before the storm, so it really means a lot for me to restore it now. I survived the storm, my bike survived. I will start back on my diet and training whil my bike is in the shop doing the same.

Here are a few pictures of what I encountered.

Here is the front of our house. The porch is roughly 5' high. TO give you an idea, I'm 6'3 and you can see where the water line was.

Here is the living room.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The kitchen...
[IMG]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3015/10023794mr.jpg[/IMG]

This is how I found my bike, upside down in filth....

This is what it looks like before I started cleaning, BEFORE the bike shop.

It's hard to describe what I have seen and I have been all the way down in St Bernard past the Murphy refinery this past week. It is soo unblieveable.

I just hope everyone else just made out with their friends and family.

Edited by nickatnite 2005-10-02 8:05 PM

2005-10-02 8:18 PM
in reply to: #257896

User image

Expert
wrightsville beach, North Carolina
Subject: RE: I'm back, FINALLY
phew...unreal....amazing. Glad you and yours are alright. Time to rebuild and take stock.
2005-10-03 7:50 AM
in reply to: #257896

User image

Master
Lexington, Kentucky
Subject: RE: I'm back, FINALLY
I am so sorry for your losses, but glad you and your family are OK and your spirit is intact.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I'm back, FINALLY Rss Feed