General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TRI Appearel and swim start in a pool Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-10-06 8:44 PM

Eugene, Oregon
Subject: TRI Appearel and swim start in a pool
I am having a little trouble finding a good quality Tri short that is very hydronamic and also has good padding for a long bike segment. If anyone has a suggestion, thanks.

Also i am going to be doing a sprint tri with a swim in a laned pool. I don't understand how this is going to work with 300 or so people? It's probably a dumb question, but i have only known the open water starts.

2005-10-06 8:51 PM
in reply to: #261120

User image

Giver
Subject: RE: TRI Appearel and swim start in a pool

Tri shorts are usually a matter of personal preference.I like my Sugois...

As far as the pool swim, it'll most likely be run on a time trial format based on predicted swim times. The fastest swimmer starts first, and then another swimmer goes (probably) every 5 seconds. Swim up one side of the lane, back the other, cross under the lane rope and repeat for six lanes to equal 300 yards.

kaigin - 2005-10-06 8:44 PM I am having a little trouble finding a good quality Tri short that is very hydronamic and also has good padding for a long bike segment. If anyone has a suggestion, thanks. Also i am going to be doing a sprint tri with a swim in a laned pool. I don't understand how this is going to work with 300 or so people? It's probably a dumb question, but i have only known the open water starts.

2005-10-07 6:29 AM
in reply to: #261120

User image

Expert
San Diego
Subject: RE: TRI Appearel and swim start in a pool
i have a pair of Cannondale tri shorts that i bought when i bought my bike, they suit me just fine. I don't know if they are going to have padding or not but Speedo have multisport shorts out in bot XDSkin and Fastskin II, if you want hydrodynamic, those are your best bet i'd say. they are awesome looking too.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TRI Appearel and swim start in a pool Rss Feed