USMC
82F / 28C
Precipitation
Total Time = 28m 45s
Overall Rank = 47/88
Age Group = 50-59
Age Group Rank = 4/12
Pre-race routine:

I live only a few miles from PI, so we drove over a little early and checked in and then just walked around. Drank some Heed and talked about the race with my boys.
Event warmup:

Stretched and jogged around the block.
Run
  • 28m 45s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a night race with the closed course marked with light sticks. I started too fast. Quickly found a pace I could handle in the humid conditions which was slooow. There were water stations every mile but I passed them and I really regretted that by the end of the race. The run along the river was downwind and very hot. The finish line was a welcome site. My 16 yo beat me but I finished just ahead of the 14 yo who is sufferring a lot of knee issues.
What would you do differently?:

I should have taken water at the 2 mile mark and doused some on my head and face.
Post race
Warm down:

Had some water and we walked over to the Lyseum where we enjoyed a great after race pasta and salad dinner with draught beer and soft drinks. The awards ceremony was great as the emcee did a good job keeping the crowd enthused.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Old age and poor running.

Event comments:

Didn't see any med personnel. Doesn't mean they weren't there, but I didn't see them.
Severe weather was a factor as more than half the registered runners were no shows. Turned out that it never rained during the race but the humidity was a bear.

Last updated: 2005-10-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:28:45 | 03.11 miles | 09m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 50/12
Overall: 47/88
Performance: Average
Course: Course was a cicuitous route through 1st RTBn area, through housing area out to the river, along the river to the O club, past Qtrs 1, past the Lyseum, to the finish. Info provided to those familiar with MCRD PISC.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-10-08 10:09 AM

User image

Elite
In my bunk with new shoes and purple sweats.
Subject: Harvest Moon 5K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Harvest Moon 5K Rss Feed