Three Rivers Park District
40F / 4C
Sunny
Total Time = 56m 4s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Pre race was spent rushing to get to the site on time for my wife's 5K an hour before my 10K. It was close we had to drop my wife off then go park the car, but she made it, and she ran a PB 5K to boot.
Event warmup:

Just did some casual jogging, and finished a quick cup of coffee, met other BTers, and watched my kids while we waited for my wife to return from the 5K
Run
  • 56m 4s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 02s  min/mile
Comments:

This was my first 10K and my only goal was to finish under 60 min, so I feel great about the run. Managed to keep my pace, never really felt tired, in fact felt so good after the race that I went home and took the dog out for a quick 2 mile run when we got home.
What would you do differently?:

Absolutly nothing, I had no idea about food, etc. I usually don't eat before a 5K, but today I ate a couple pieces of toast and peanut butter, guess that was just right. The only thing I would change would be to hit the portpotty a little closer to the start time, I was really looking for a restroom after I crossed the finishline.
Post race
Warm down:

Hung out for a while, waited for official results, that I have yet to see, the time I posted was from my watch, apparently there was a snafu with the program so I don't know what my official time was.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I thought too much about pacing myself and still ahd some left at the end, could have gone a little harder

Event comments:

I had a super time and this race will go on my must do list for next year.

Last updated: 2005-10-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:56:04 | 06.21 miles | 09m 02s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Beautiful course, kept expecting deer to be standing on the side cheering us on.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-10-08 6:31 PM

Regular
Mound, MN
Subject: Autumn Woods Classic 10K

2005-10-08 6:34 PM
in reply to: #262118

User image

molto veloce mama
Subject: RE: Autumn Woods Classic 10K
great job, jay! this is a great race to do as a first 10k. we should have had a cake for you and kris!!! the results are here:

http://www.andersonraces.com/Results/awc10k05rs.htm

i thought you were right with me at the end there, and my official time was 55:53.
2005-10-08 6:36 PM
in reply to: #262118

User image

Extreme Veteran
Twin Cities, MN
Great race, especially for your first one!  I think you called it right, by the way, with the t-shirt!  I was a little warm during part of the race.  For two who ran a 10K in the presence of other people for the first time, I think we both have a lot to be proud of!  Great meeting you - we will definitely need to make plans to get some of us together!
2005-10-08 6:39 PM
in reply to: #262119

Regular
Mound, MN
I was right with you, perhaps 1-2 paces, but then I messed around with my number, played with my watch, etc. I had myself in at 56:04(and darn-it that's what I'm posting), my watch verified that, next year I'll be faster with the tearoff. I'm just psyched I finished under 60 minutes.

Jay
2005-10-08 6:46 PM
in reply to: #262121

Regular
Mound, MN
I think we need a BT Minnesota Club House! It was great to meet up with everyone. I wish we could have stayed longer but my daughter's friend's birthday party came first. Then I went to meet another BTer with a Gear Daddies CD that I burned for her, she's in town from out east visiting family. I get caught on 394 due to a gas main break, sit long enough to run out of gas, then I get to run two more miles (which I won't be entering on my training log, but I should)to buy a 5 gallon gas can and 5 gallons of gas. I was suppose to meet her at 4pm, finally got to Ridgedale at about 5:20(yes it took me close to 2 hours to get from just west of Wayzata to Ridgedale, only to have missed her. Guess I'll be running my the post office on Monday. If I hadn't done the 10K, another 2 miles after with the dog, I would have run run from Wayzata to Ridgedale, certianly wouldn't have taken two hours.

Again, great meeting you,
Jay
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Autumn Woods Classic 10K Rss Feed